So, a couple nights ago, I simply rolled over in bed, and felt a twinge in my knee. Uh oh.
When I woke up the next morning, I had awful pain on the outside of my knee (the lateral collateral ligament?). I couldn't even bend me knee without it hurting. Hip internal rotation was also a no go. I walked around stiff-legged for the whole morning, and cancelled plans for my deadlifting session. I started making plans to see a doctor -- there would be a lot of PT and recovery time ahead of me.
I felt a bit better by the end of the day, and could again move comfortably. By the next morning (today), it was pretty much gone. I'm back to doing full squats without pain.
So, I thought I had an injury on the order of a sprain or tendonitis, but the pain disappeared in a couple of days. This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me, but it's one of the most dramatic. What does this mean? What is going on?