This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Video on Page 8

Started by Seiji, November 16, 2009 · 119 Replies · 7,266 Views

Seiji

SO, I'm starting my training. I'm also going to work on the normal planche, manna, and human flag. Human flag will not be emphasized at all in my workouts though.

Back in the good ol' days of muscle beach, bodybuilders believed that to have the perfect body, you must lift weights and do gymnastics. That is what I will do. Unite east and west, so to speak. I am hoping for the support of the members on this forum, as well as other websites with experts and my (knowledgeable) weightlifting coach.

My workout week consists of 5 days.

Monday- Inverse Planche, Manna. I will work on progressions such as High V Sits and the various manna progressions. Also, I will work (lifting wise) the rear deltoid and triceps. Not just conventional exercises either. I will use unorthodox exercises (which I may describe later)

Tuesday- Legs. What? I thought you were working towards that? This is where my unconventionality comes in play. The legs have lots of muscle, which you know. I have reason to believe that it will release more GH into my system as well as other important hormones and chemicals.

Wednesday- Rest Day. I know it's important and I will be insanely sore from monday.

Thursday- Planche. Front deltoid and biceps exercises as well as planche progressions and other unconventional methods.

Friday- Inverse Planche, Manna. Same as monday.

Weekends are considered rest days. I also actively participate in my kung fu classes on wednesdays and saturdays. (they never leave me sore though, it is mostly technique as of now. Our cycle is on the skill rather than drill right now)

I am fixing up my diet, which is self explanatory. I plan on adding protein and calories whilst cutting out soda and candy. Luckily, I ran out of my halloween sack of candy (20lbs)... I ate it almost completely by myself in two weeks and I haven't gained a single pound. :twisted: I would supplement with DHEA and protein powder that has calories, but that comes after christmas when I get money.

Comments, thoughts? :wink:

Razz

looking forward to see the first reverse tuck planche :D

Gregor

hmmm...

1. inverted planche is possible like is possible CTI (READ AS IMPOSIBLE)

2. high V-seat and manna won't help you at all for that

3. If you compare it with victorian, it's 20x harder then victorian. And if we can say that only rodriguez can hold a perfect victorian in the whole wide world (second victorian in worlds).

4. if you do that, you will be THE FIRST ONE IN THE WORLD to do that and THE STRONGEST UNHUMAN IN THE PLANET EARTH!!!!

I don't want to be rude with you but you are going for imposible and I yould like to see you do something more reasonably.

Seiji

Yep. I'm training. Most people should be able to do an inverse tuck planche as I name it. Just a leaning back v sit with tucked legs. The advanced would be a manna with tucked legs.

Manna would help though, I need to be able to lift up my hips to that height. One reason why I'm learning that.

Once I accomplish this, I'll make progressions.

I'd love to be the first in the world to do something. Although, I'm not correctly built for it now. I have small arms and big legs.

Razz

I think you misunderstand.. an inverted tuck planche pretty much IS a manna with tucked legs :lol: your hips must be at shoulder height and they are not in a leaned back tucked vsit :)

Gregor
Razz said:
I think you misunderstand.. an inverted tuck planche pretty much IS a manna with tucked legs :lol: your hips must be at shoulder height and they are not in a leaned back tucked vsit :)

But topic's name is planche....even tuck planche can't be tucked manna, because legs can not be at manna position but just from straight line tu tuck and not up to your head and tuck.

Second thing, manna isn't realy progresion from V-seat.

Seiji

Oh, I know greg.

I understand it's insanely unrealistic, but that won't stop me from trying. I set up short and long term goals, methods to get them, and I've done a lot of research.

Hey, who knows, it might just be crazy enough for me to accomplish.

Just so you all know, I don't expect to have this any time soon. If I do get it, it'll be after high school (11th grade now).

Razz

Not sure what you mean about the tuck inverted planche compared to the manna Gregor but somehow I think we are trying to say the same thing :)

And Seji good too see you are motivated, all i can say is good luck :D

Seiji

Yea, I really hope to blow this out of the water. I'm really dedicated to this now.

Also, I was wanting to tell you guys... I don't think it uses all of the triceps evenly. I don't know where all three heads are, but the one under the inside of your arm is the one that does practically everything. It's killing me... It doesn't seem to work the other areas of it. Only that section is sore.

griffdrc

its the long head of the triceps... it is the only head of the tricep that is involved in shoulder extension... the other two heads are only responsible for elbow extension... i sometimes feel it after heavy front lever work

Seiji

Wow... That's cool to know. That means even if you could tricep extend your weight, it wouldn't help. AWESOME.

Razz

Where's the workouts? :mrgreen:

Seiji

I'll post them as they happen starting next monday :DDDDD

I usually just do negatives that look as close as possible to my goal. That, and progressions. I also lift weights in the correct fashion depending on which motion I want to do.

Seiji

This is one of the things I try. Just leaning back as far as possible. As you can see, I can't go very far at all. LMFAO This is just another realization of how hard this journey is gonna be. I'll stick to it no matter what :D Unless I lose an arm... That might be a problem.

invertedplanche.png

Seiji

I just realized that I have a farmers tan and how terrible this lighting makes it look LOL

It's not that bad...

Seiji

Today's an off day.

I was doing stuff for shits and giggles... learned I can HeS press handstand. This must be a crossover from my planche training because I don't practice this stuff. I just got the idea from a circus arts training manual.

Sternford

I'm interested to know how this has been going. Do you have a swiss ball perhaps?

Seiji

I do, although I rarely use it. I do planche (and inverted planche :D) leans usually on a bench.

I am quite close to straddle planche... I feel very light doing psuedo planche push ups in the straddle planche footing.

I'm pretty much in the same spot as before on the inverted planche, but I'm a little closer to doing a lever, so :P

Neal Winkler

How tall are you seiji?

Sternford
Seiji said:
I do, although I rarely use it. I do planche (and inverted planche :D) leans usually on a bench.

I am quite close to straddle planche... I feel very light doing psuedo planche push ups in the straddle planche footing.

I'm pretty much in the same spot as before on the inverted planche, but I'm a little closer to doing a lever, so :P

I have trouble figuring out what height the object I'm putting my feet on should be. Does it matter much? Are your feet on the bench higher than your shoulders or equal?

Seiji

I am 5'10.

My quest for planche is so hard though :agony:. I have big legs and little arms. You've all seen a picture of me probably. So much leverage! I managed to get a tucked straddle planche thing. lol

@stan

I like the bench to be equal to my shoulders... it's most realistic I think.

I don't often use my physio ball because it's really big. I bought it because it was cool, so of course I picked the biggest one :P

Seiji

Ok. I'm getting close to straddle planche and got really excited. I can now (from a split) lift my feet off the floor with a straight back :D! So, I changed my planche and inverted planche days. Monday and friday are planche, while thursday is inverted planche.

I did quite a few things today. I did most of them almost immediately after the other, so I was getting really tired. To add on to that, for some reason I was slightly sore? I started off with dumbbell kick backs. I used 8 lbs for an unknown (but not too high) amount of reps. Two sets. Moved on to skull crushers with one dumbbell which was 25 lbs. I probably should have went with the 30. >.>

I got onto some dip bars today and tried to lean back as far as I could. I gave me an appreciation for the people who can do a victorian :D I probably got slightly less than /. This was straight body, not hollow or arched or anything.

Dreadrok

good lordy how the smell do you allready almost have a straddle planche.. nice work

where was your training when you started in your statics?

im still stuck like a mad man on flat back tuck planche. in the 3's range =/

Sternford

Maybe you should shoot for victorian before this inverted planche?

Seiji

Well... I would agree, but they're really the same training methods. If I do get it, I'll have to victorian first anyways :D