Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Attaching rings to a door pull-up bar?

Guest biomieg

Hi guys,

I'm contemplating getting a door pull-up bar as I can't secure a bar on the wall or ceiling in our appartment. I'd also like to get the Xtreme Rings in the (near) future. Would hanging the rings from the pull-up bar be a feasible idea? Has anyone done this?

I've seen it done before in videos.

I was gonna give my brothers a set of rings if they were to start working on the pullup bar I gave them but I think they stopped using it so I figured buying them a set of rings would be a waste of time.

Thanks! Well, I was going to try it anyway because I don't really have any other options at this moment but it's good to hear it has been done before. I was mainly wondering whether the limited height and width of the doorframe would be a concern with some of the FBE progressions on rings.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently using this set-up. Make sure to get a pullup bar with neutral grips so that you can have the rings somewhat out in front of the door frame (but it won't be much).

Biomeg,

I've put up rings on garage and basement ceilings with minimum damage/impact. The first place was in a rental home. I ended up putting only four small holes up into the joist, which were easily repaired when we move. Your landlord might not like it, but it's an option.