Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GB essential requiered gear

Alejandro Espinosa Sosa

Alejandro Espinosa Sosa

Hi all:

A few months ago I purchased the F1 program . Still think this is the best program for my fitness/health goals I can involve in. But from the beginning was lost since wasn´t clear which equipment are needed to complete the F1 program. Still purchased the program and discovered that from the beginning we need rings . Honestly this small detail discouraged me a litle since don´t have at this moment space where I live to hang from something. Having said that my intention of getting fully involved in the program remains. Please advice. Thanks

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Alejandro,

Bienvenido to F1! Get a pair of wooden rings and decide where you're going to do your ring work: in the park, gym, or home. Somethings are not negotiable. If you're truly committed, you'll find a way.

• Upvote 1

Jon Douglas
On 13/3/2016 at 11:23 PM, Kevin Easton said:

If you have a doorway chin up bar you can probably hang your rings from there.

Gotta be careful with this, there are some horror stories, but 9/10 times is probably safe :)

Fabio Pinna
On 13/3/2016 at 1:23 PM, Kevin Easton said:

If you have a doorway chin up bar you can probably hang your rings from there.

I also advise against this, especially if the bar is of the screw-on variety. At least have a proper wall-mounted pullup bar.

Leonhard Krahé
1 hour ago, Zach Armijo said:

Below is a solid setup. The Iron Gym. I have used it for everything from the spontaneous Front Lever rows, German hangs, Rock Ring work, etc...

The obvious limiter is the height of the door. Ring work isn't anywhere the same on short straps vs. long. A world of a difference in fact. That being said, something is better than nothing.   

61DUEUZTYLL._SL1500_.jpg

Be careful to first compare if it will fit - I own one of these but can't use it at my place because my walls are too thick and thus it won't fit into the doorframes.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2016 at 9:02 PM, Zach Armijo said:

The Iron Gym. I have used it for everything from the spontaneous Front Lever rows, German hangs, Rock Ring work, etc...

Dang! All that on this? I think one more thing that plays into its stability are the dimensions, strengh and FIT with the door frame.. I would be scared to do all that on my frame.. I used to have such a pull up bar once upon a time.