This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Push up HBP PE2 + /iM Bloc 3

Started by Ryan Bailey, February 16, 2016 · 39 Replies · 856 Views

Ryan Bailey

How is this now?! @Cole Dano or others...

This feels way different and more controlled than my first video. By the way, I have gone through some changes. I guess officially training PE1 again, then "playing" quite hard and often with PE2.

Thanks.

Cole Dano

Looks very good!

Ryan Bailey
22 minutes ago, Cole Dano said:

Looks very good!

Yes. Thanks Cole! Your detailed, not letting me get by with anything, feedback really made me take a hard look at my form and foundation schedule over the last couple months. Thanks so much for your coaching!

By the way: tried to "like" your last comment but apparently I ran out of likes for the day and have been blocked. Since starting the awesome Thrive Forum,  I run out of "likes" before noon everyday. Haha. :D

Eva Pelegrin

Hi Ryan, I'm modeling my push up tempo after yours. My push up mantra is going to be "like Ryan" lol. Thank you for the inspiration!

Coach Sommer

Nicely done, Ryan.

Couple of comments:

- I would like slightly more PPT during your pushups; otherwise they are fine.

- Your xiaopengs descend slightly off line in the back of the movement.  Standing with your hip next to a wall should correct this quite easily; just keep the weight near the wall at all times.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Eva Pelegrin

Quick Y/N question: @Coach Sommer is one of the goals of this >iM to incrementally increase the weight. I started 10lb, now 12lb and so on.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

But did Vanilla Ice motivate you in any way to better your form? That's the real question we're all wondering.

Coach Sommer

No need to build to heavy weights.  Xiaopeng himself only uses 25lbs.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Eva Pelegrin
1 hour ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

But did Vanilla Ice motivate you in any way to better your form? That's the real question we're all wondering.

Wait until you see his "new & improved" ppt. I was quite impressed. I just glanced at it before running to my class and had no time to comment, but it look seriously awesome. Those of us who are APT creatures can really appreciate the effort and tension that goes into creating your own PPT on a push up.

Great job Ryan!

Ryan Bailey
44 minutes ago, Eva Pelegrin said:

Those of us who are APT creatures can really appreciate the effort and tension that goes into creating your own PPT on a push up.

Haha I hear you Eva. I actually cramp in my mid thoracic spine sometimes by actively trying to PPT so hard with ribs down. Does this make sense? Blowing me away by your comments; way to nice. Nice job with 12# by the way on Xiaopengs. Inspiring me.

-Coach: much appreciated. Thank you. I have a lot of work to do in that area (PPT). I will do the wall technique tomorrow. I feel I have a better understanding of the form now that has to take place.

-Daniel: Doesn't Vanilla Ice up your tempo during a workout? I can't control the music in these gyms :)

Eva Pelegrin

Yeah, makes sense to me! I sometimes have had cramps in my rectus abdominis left upper quadrant while doing JC’s, lol. I’d get a bulge sticking out, like I had a metal implant that would gross-out my clients and frankly freaked me out as well, just trying to stretch it and push it back into place.

The ribs "down & in" is a killer for us. Although while prone, I cue ribs "levitating" (up towards the ceiling) to encourage the lift action, yet another acquired taste for the APT crowd.

What about the bottom position of a PU? Once we lock the line, ppt and descent with protracted shoulders + depression, there's quite a forward shift that takes place, which makes scap depression very hard to sustain at the bottom. In a protracted PU, I find it quite difficult to access the pecs in order to push back up, in comparison to a “regular” push up where retraction occurs sooner.

This week I discovered that after my deload (last week), my push ups felt ‘harder” than my last weak prior deload. Anyone experienced that before? I’m certainly not overdoing it at this stage. My push-ups are so weak, it makes me wonder if there’s even a point in deloading them. Perhaps more of a point! Sometimes I don't give myself credit for how hard I work. Feels "biz as usual." In my first 2 sessions this week, I struggled just to make my pushups feel like they felt 2 weeks ago. Well, I was also adding 1-2 reps per set. Next week, I expect to be back on track in perceived effort and same or +1 reps. Incline stays the same. Anyone who wants to critique my deload set here:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/23668-hbppe2-feedback-please/?do=findComment&comment=208914

Ryan, no pressure. Xiaopeng is going to 13# next week:ph34r:. I cannot do a push up but I can do 1/2 of what Xiaopeng uses himself, hahahahaaa

Ryan Bailey
3 hours ago, Eva Pelegrin said:

Ryan, no pressure. Xiaopeng is going to 13# next week:ph34r:. I cannot do a push up but I can do 1/2 of what Xiaopeng uses himself, hahahahaaa

Damn it Eva! Ya right, no pressure; I can smell a challenge from a mile away. I gotta get my line better first, than I'll be be chasing to catch up with you.:P

Eva Pelegrin

Actually I'm not competitive with others but I do like to joke around to balance out my serious nature...

Eva Pelegrin

Ryan, you are going to run out of 'likes' and the night is young, don't "waste" them with me! I already like you. You and I may need to put in a request to @Cory Fair increase our 'likes' quota, as I too run out of them quickly. I'm sure we're not the only ones. But then, if we had MORE or unlimited 'likes' would they be AS meaningful. Would we administer them mindfully? I think so. 

You cannot run out of GG (goodness & greatness) in this forum and it wouldn't be as fun without a few bad apples.

Ryan Bailey

Haha. I only "like" the most respectfully intelligent, revolutionary, and highly useful information in all of the internet... like Daniel's Vanilla Ice comment. B-)