Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stall bars again!

Petri Widsten

Petri Widsten

I'm looking to set up stall bars in my lawn. What do you think of these ones? Is the height (285 cm) enough to sink the support poles deep enough and allow me (183 cm) to hang with straight arms. Not sure how deep they must go assuming I compact the ground around them as much as I can. Also, what do you think of the off-set top bar? What is the ideal horizontal distance between them and the "rungs"?

I have a quote for US$ 250 ex works.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Attractive-CE-Approved-Sport-STALL_491326344.html

Petri Widsten

Forgot to mention that if the poles are too short they can be extended with a steel pipe of larger diameter. Not all the way to the bottom (fibreglass) rung which might come under too much pressure. Using longer pipes to get more depth would entail filling the bottom part with sand/soil before inserting the poles. Any extra space between the pipes and poles could be filled with sand etc. to prevent wobbling and water accumulation. Or you could do some welding if you've got the kit.

Gavin Strelitz

Check out this video for an idea if you want to put your stall bars in the ground

I always thought that mounting them to a wall is more ideal.

Petri Widsten

Cheers mate. Wall mounted bars are not an option for me. No suitable space or construction material.