Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

question about the nylon straps

Getinthecar

Can someone tell me more about them. I live in Europe (Holland) and I don't quite understand what they are and how they work and if I can get them here in Holland. I currently use this as an alternative

DSCF3560.jpg

But it's not the most comfortable thing in the world.

those are cargo straps.

the straps in the GB book are merely nylon that is 1 inch thick sewn into roughly 2 foot circles with a 1 inch overlap where it's sewn. they look a lot like straps for a pvc strap bar.

In the U.S., at least, a good source of nylon "straps" is a mountaineering store, or a store that has such merchandise. It is sometimes referred to as webbing. The straps there should be rated just like the rope to see what the breaking point is. Most straps used for anchoring in rock climbing should be sufficiently strong for strength training purposes, but ask a clerk. Nylon straps that are sewn together to form a loop are sometimes referred to as slings, and come in a variety of lengths and widths. Check out www.rei.com and go to climbing, with the link to the webbing, and you can shop around a bit.

You might have to be creative in coming up with a comfortable way to secure weight to yourself using nylon straps. I don't thinkt there is any special product being used relative to the book.

Tubular nylon is basically a "hose" of webbing that is pressed flat, while flat nylon webbing is a solid weave, like a backpack strap. Either should work.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say just go to a hardware store and buy some cargo straps with ratchets. I bought a 4 pack today with a breaking limit of 1300+ lbs. for $13 U.S. dollars.