Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New - Yet another stall bar question! lol

Tracey  Weaver

Tracey  Weaver

Hi All,

I just signed up for the Thoracic stretch series.  I had low back surgery (L4-5) 12 years ago and was told that twisting was  bad for me.  Well I apparently took that a bit too far and it seems I haven't been twisting my upper back much for the past twelve years and it shows.  I also lift weights and have tight chest muscles and limited shoulder mobility.  My shoulders have begun to roll forward too.  Yikes!

Anyone with cautions when using stall bars for someone with a previous low back injury are welcome.

Also....Does anyone know why the few middle bars in these stall bars are removable?  Also they look to protrude out a bit.  Anyone know the reason for this?

http://www.amazon.com/3B-Scientific-W15400-Stark-Stall/dp/B00H2IAF6W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409712192&sr=8-2&keywords=stall+bars

I came across this too... it has quite a few attachments available that I know I would use and seems super durable.  My only reservation is the width at three and a half feet and if the width between bars is correct at about 10 inches.  

http://www.amazon.com/-15%25-Sale-Shipboy-teenagers-Horizontal/dp/B014A4RL58/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1450808823&sr=8-6&keywords=swedish+wall+adult

Looking forward to getting more bendy!! lol

Thanks!

Tracey

Nice find on second one. It apparently ships from Russia. 

If that is stable enough, it´s amazing! Am I wrong or you don´t need to screw the ceiling? It seems it just pushes and fits at the ceiling. Would that be enough pressure to be stable for reverse leg lifts, side lever work, etc?

If that is good it would be perfect for where I live. Lots of houses here in Japan are quite old and fragile and I can´t install them on the wall, but being able to install the stall bars without damaging the ceiling would be great. I´m not sure if the height would be OK. It says it´s designed for 235cm to 3m, my ceiling is a little lower, about 224 cm, don´t know if that would do. 

Tracey  Weaver

Here is the specs from the page.  Load on the horizontal bar (guessing pull up) and other things hanging is 260# and the wall bars up to 440# if I am converting my KG's correctly.  It looks it is mounted from the ceiling as opposed to the wall.  I found a listing on Ebay as well.  Maybe you can ask the seller the questions you have.  Looks like shipped to your door for $400.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Sale-Adults-teenagers-indoor-Home-Gym-Swedish-wall-Pullup-Bar-/172034370399?hash=item280e0c2b5f:g:b1MAAOSwNyFWeXQu

Home gyms "Shipboy" are made of round steel tube 40 mm in diameter, unlike other manufacturers who use a pipe diameter of 38 mm. The distance between the steps - 26 cm. The design of the gyms uses a patented upper thrust scheme (four pins). In this method, the entire burden is based on the metal ladder, not on the wall. Weight of our gym and weight of sportsman bear on the rack ladder rather than on two studs at analogues, so our complex stands, not hanging on strings as similar gym of other manufacturers. 

Home gym withstand the load on individual sports equipment up to 120 kg. Load directly onto a metal wall bars reaches 200 kg. 
Complexes "Shipboy" are designed for installation in rooms with ceiling heights of 2.35 to 3 meters. 

Basic equipment of Shipboy 5+TB: 
metal pillars blue 
metal crossbar 600 mm - white 
horizontal bar with bars adjustable (vertical & horizontal) 
horizontal bar width 1100 mm. 
Set between floor and ceiling (2.35 - 3.0 m). 
Area of 700 x 330 mm 
Complex Weight not more than 30 kg. 
Package Size: 1,21hx0,14hx0,14 and 0,7xh0,1xh0,4 m. 
Racks are made of steel tubes with diameter 40 mm. 
load on the horizontal bar to 120 kg 
load on the wall bars 200 kg

Here is the specs from the page.  Load on the horizontal bar (guessing pull up) and other things hanging is 260# and the wall bars up to 440# if I am converting my KG's correctly.  It looks it is mounted from the ceiling as opposed to the wall.  I found a listing on Ebay as well.  Maybe you can ask the seller the questions you have.  Looks like shipped to your door for $400.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Sale-Adults-teenagers-indoor-Home-Gym-Swedish-wall-Pullup-Bar-/172034370399?hash=item280e0c2b5f:g:b1MAAOSwNyFWeXQu

Home gyms "Shipboy" are made of round steel tube 40 mm in diameter, unlike other manufacturers who use a pipe diameter of 38 mm. The distance between the steps - 26 cm. The design of the gyms uses a patented upper thrust scheme (four pins). In this method, the entire burden is based on the metal ladder, not on the wall. Weight of our gym and weight of sportsman bear on the rack ladder rather than on two studs at analogues, so our complex stands, not hanging on strings as similar gym of other manufacturers. 

Home gym withstand the load on individual sports equipment up to 120 kg. Load directly onto a metal wall bars reaches 200 kg. 

Complexes "Shipboy" are designed for installation in rooms with ceiling heights of 2.35 to 3 meters. 

Basic equipment of Shipboy 5+TB: 

metal pillars blue 

metal crossbar 600 mm - white 

horizontal bar with bars adjustable (vertical & horizontal) 

horizontal bar width 1100 mm. 

Set between floor and ceiling (2.35 - 3.0 m). 

Area of 700 x 330 mm 

Complex Weight not more than 30 kg. 

Package Size: 1,21hx0,14hx0,14 and 0,7xh0,1xh0,4 m. 

Racks are made of steel tubes with diameter 40 mm. 

load on the horizontal bar to 120 kg 

load on the wall bars 200 kg

200$ shipping per package is too much. Maybe they need to figure out a better way to approach the Non Russia markets. 

Here is the specs from the page.  Load on the horizontal bar (guessing pull up) and other things hanging is 260# and the wall bars up to 440# if I am converting my KG's correctly. 

1 KG is about 2.2 pounds(lb)

120kg is about 264 to 265lb

200kg is about 440lb

• Upvote 1

Coach Sommer

There is no reason, other than the fact that the designers obviously had no idea how stall bars are actually used.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

JonasPortugal

There is no reason, other than the fact that the designers obviously had no idea how stall bars are actually used.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach, do you suggest an offset top bar, or is plain stall bar enough?

Here's a stall bar with no top bar protruding:

XmgeSSS.jpg

Edited by JonasPortugal

Coach Sommer

Coach, do you suggest an offset top bar, or is plain stall bar enough?

Here's a stall bar with no top bar protruding:

XmgeSSS.jpg

You will find that having the top bar offset by a few inches enormously helpful in training.  The other bars however should be in flush and in line.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

Tracey  Weaver

Thank you Coach Sommer.  Do you have a brand of stall bar that you could recommend?  Maybe a few at different price points?

Looking forward to getting started with the Foundations and Handstand 1.  

• Upvote 1

200$ shipping per package is too much. Maybe they need to figure out a better way to approach the Non Russia markets. 

I had just messaged them and they got back with the following: 

Minimal cost we can take if shipping will be by Russian Post by sea:

- $95 to USA, it takes about 2 month.

- $75 to India. We can suppose it would be 1-2 month.

Does anyone know why the few middle bars in these stall bars are removable?  Also they look to protrude out a bit.  Anyone know the reason for this?

http://www.amazon.com/3B-Scientific-W15400-Stark-Stall/dp/B00H2IAF6W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409712192&sr=8-2&keywords=stall+bars

I was wondering about the same, maybe the side benefit is that they can be used as the 4' wooden rods that are need for some exercises? - And the shipped price seems quite reasonable.  

Tracey  Weaver

I wish the first product was made in the US, as I don't want to wait that long for the bars.

The second set, Coach Sommer spoke about and the 3 removable bars protrude out some.  That is not ideal.  So I have decided against that.

This set gets mixed reviews, mainly because folks feel that the wood is not that strong. (Some love it, others dowels have broken.)

http://www.amazon.com/3B-Scientific-Eucalyptus-Wood-Stall/dp/B008N3I93Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1452337157&sr=1-1&keywords=stall+bars

These bars are delivered to your door for under $200 which make them so appealing!  

Other sets i have seen jump in price to $500 or more.

I only weigh 115# and my children who may "play" on it are under 100#.  

I think I am going to just go with this one.  If it is awful...at least it is from the US and I can ship it back! 

Anyone reading purchase this set and care to share a review?

Giovanni Garcea

I wish the first product was made in the US, as I don't want to wait that long for the bars.

The second set, Coach Sommer spoke about and the 3 removable bars protrude out some.  That is not ideal.  So I have decided against that.

This set gets mixed reviews, mainly because folks feel that the wood is not that strong. (Some love it, others dowels have broken.)

http://www.amazon.com/3B-Scientific-Eucalyptus-Wood-Stall/dp/B008N3I93Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1452337157&sr=1-1&keywords=stall+bars

These bars are delivered to your door for under $200 which make them so appealing!  

Other sets i have seen jump in price to $500 or more.

I only weigh 115# and my children who may "play" on it are under 100#.  

I think I am going to just go with this one.  If it is awful...at least it is from the US and I can ship it back! 

Anyone reading purchase this set and care to share a review?

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/22870-3b-scientific-eucalyptus-wood-stall-bar-review/

I recently ordered a great set from Midwest Gym Supply in Indiana.  They offer a single for $500 and since they make them themselves they agreed to customize the rail spacing at no additional charge.  For some reason, they usually make theirs with red painted sides, but they will leave them natural color coated with polyurethane upon request.  They have great customer service and customization if you need some customization and you don't want to make your own.  The sides are poplar and the rails are hickory.    

• 3 weeks later...

Father-in-law called me this morning and said, "your exercise thing is ready" :-)

post-16980-0-88614000-1454600136_thumb.j

Cost was ~ $85 with the expensive, red oak rungs and 1x6 backing, but we already had the 2x6 uprights and screws.

• Upvote 3

Father-in-law called me this morning and said, "your exercise thing is ready" :-)

attachicon.gif20160204_083918.jpg

Cost was ~ $85 with the expensive, red oak rungs and 1x6 backing, but we already had the 2x6 uprights and screws.

Argh, I am filled with great jealousy!

That´s great Ryan!

What an amazing budget as well, I don´t even want to mention the rip-off price I was submitted to have mine made (actually they are still being made at the moment ) of metal. It´s everything so expensive here in Japan and I couldn´t buy a usual model to fix at the terribly weak wall and needed to have a freestanding model. Since nobody would make a freestanding one, I ordered from a Brazilian acquaintance that lives here (a professional welder). Everything is removable with screws plus removable parallel bars and a pull-up bar to also hang the rings. When it´s delivered I can post pics, but my pockets are not happy :(

• Upvote 1

Romulo, that sounds awesome! Metal will be solid; It will be worth every penny. I would imagine it would be hard to put a price on the skills you will be able to do on that set up. Nice work. I'd like to see that pic when you get it!

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2016 at 7:13 AM, Romulo Malta said:

Everything is removable with screws plus removable parallel bars and a pull-up bar to also hang the rings. When it´s delivered I can post pics, but my pockets are not happy

Would love to see how all of those pieces work together and how it turned out for you :)