Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VIDEO 115 Straddle Presses IN A ROW

Katharina Huemer

Katharina Huemer

Amazing job by little Andreea Iridon! UNBELIEVABLE

I know she is resting on her elbows and not holding a clear straddle lever...but still!

PS: If someone here has any thoughts or info how this is even possible - please share!!!

How is it possible that a human can THIS? I mean, a lot of training and good body shape (height, weight, levers) all help, but I am sure she didn't train for that too much it must have come natural to her.

Or do you think she might have taken something for muscle endurance?

I am just really curious and flashed right now!!!

• Upvote 1

Léo Aïtoulha

Impressive but at the bottom the arms are bent and the legs are resting on the arms, it makes the exercise MUCH easier. Great performance but this kind of Straddle L is not acceptable by GST standards.

Mikael Kristiansen

While form is important, for such a feat as this I dont find it fair at all to discuss bent arms. If we were discussing a set of 3, 5 or even 10 stalders I would agree. Think about fact that she is on her arms for 9 minutes without a wall. I know a lot of highly skilled handbalancers and I dont believe a single one of those could even hold a bent arm straddle L for 9 minutes. With an as absurd number as 115 presses she could probably pull off at least 50-70 with straight arms in straddle L.

This sort of level requires very good training at young age along with good proportions, talent and insane dedication. From what I have seen, building this sort of level is possible only with kids and its not too uncommon with chinese and russian circus childeren.

• Upvote 8

Murray Truelove

While form is important, for such a feat as this I dont find it fair at all to discuss bent arms. If we were discussing a set of 3, 5 or even 10 stalders I would agree. Think about fact that she is on her arms for 9 minutes without a wall. I know a lot of highly skilled handbalancers and I dont believe a single one of those could even hold a bent arm straddle L for 9 minutes. With an as absurd number as 115 presses she could probably pull off at least 50-70 with straight arms in straddle L.

This sort of level requires very good training at young age along with good proportions, talent and insane dedication. From what I have seen, building this sort of level is possible only with kids and its not too uncommon with chinese and russian circus childeren.

Thank you! Complaining about bent arms for so many reps is ridiculous. Pretending the standard here is higher when so few even have a straddle press, is equally ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Katharina Huemer

Thank You! That's of course exactly what I think. I am aware of how to do a proper straddle press. And I also know it would not count in gymnastics physical ability testing. But still, simply being on your hands for so long is amazing and even if they would just be straddle presses from a stand it would be outstanding!

Thanks for the input, Handbalancer! :)

hannahandstand

Handbalancer, how many straddle presses from straddle L can you do in a row? And what amount of reps would you consider Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced for adults (25+)?

I would appreciate your opinion

Mikael Kristiansen

I can do 10 on a decent day. I never trained to do more than that. Not so relevant to do more than 10 for what I do. I even know great handbalancers who cant press from L or straddle L.

It would entirely depend on your ability. If you can do 1 press, you need to work on doing single reps many times per session and perhaps rep regular straddle presses from standing along with some holds in straddle L. When you can do 2-3 in a row you work on doing that. 2x3, 3x3, 3x5, 5x3 and so forth. Basically you need to practice towards whatever amount you want. Flexibility goes a long way on these too so keep working that as well. However, it is strength training so dont go overboard. Train them perhaps 2-3 times a week depending on how hard you go and your capacity. This is just a vague outline but maybe you can take something from it.

• Upvote 2