Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

iPhone Android Apps to support GB GST workouts? Timers & Logs

ASForum

When I go through a Superset of exercises in BtGB or F1, the following Timer apps have been key. 

Seconds Pro - Interval Timer

Ultra Timer

I use them and I've got the FSPs, FBEs & Rest / PE + iM periods in between all set up with Start & End sounds etc. They are pretty much the best so I hope it helps others as well. 

What I am looking for now is an app that helps to "Log" the work I've put in?  

There are times my workouts are consistent, other times they are not. I'd like to be realistically track my effort over time. 

Why ask here? There are 1000s of apps for logging workouts, but given the uniqueness of

- Most of workouts use Sets, Reps & WEIGHTS in their workouts

- Whereas we have a very KEY element of Time in Seconds. 

- Seconds / Holds / PE iM Supersets 

I am guessing something that allows addition of Custom Workout Structure & Logs would help. 

I am hoping someone here is logging it down as well. 

Thoughts/ Feedback? 

Not able to comment on the log functions; I'm a pen a paper guy, it's almost a ritual for me at this point to write everything down.

Other types of timers that I think are indispensable however are ,a metronome, for anything less than 15s I find that easier and an old fashioned clock with a second hand if it's an element where I can look at one.

• Upvote 3

Douglas Wadle

I've experimented with a variety of means.  I like pen and paper, too, but for me it just gets too messy and hard to review past work.  I've tried all sorts of workout programs, logs, custom logs, excel spreadsheets, etc.  Given the large variety of exercises, none of these could organize them very well.

I've been using a program called simplenote for some time now and I like it.  It's essentially a note taking app. I don't use it for anything except logging my workouts, so it's not cluttered with other information.  I make an entry for each exercise, then tag it with whatever it is in...Foundation, Handstand, Movement, Mobility, Rings, etc.  Each entry is made up of the date (i.e. 12/15/15), followed by the progression (i.e. HBP/PE19), followed by the set/rep count (i.e. 5x5).  Then I'm left with a running string, newest on top, oldest on bottom, for each exercise.  You can look back easily to see your progress and where you need more work.  When mastery is attained I add a couple asterisks after the exercise so i can look back and find easily.  You can also choose to view by tag, so you can pick "foundation" tag, and all the foundation exercises come up.  It's quite handy.  

My main workout log is "training peaks".  This is my master log, to keep track of my endurance training, strength, etc.  I don't keep track of all the individual exercises there, as it's fairly unwieldy for this in my mind, and hard to review over long periods of time.  So i just put in under strength tab "GST" and list the time, and intensity of the workout.  this program allows me to schedule it and monitor it admixed with my endurance training, running and xc skiing, which are my main training foci.  

"Evernote" for logging. I use this for everything in life, not just logging workouts.

"Seconds Pro" on iPhone/iPad for a customizable timer.

• Upvote 1

HIIT & Tabata Interval Timer from DenciSoft:

http://www.dencisoft.com/hiit.html

My little ​gem of digital coach substitute.
It takes off the whole ​pressure - thinks for me,
allows to relax.
Soft tones, fully customizable, soothe my mind while body's busy.​
It's so sweet it even counts seconds for me,
tells me when I'm half through set and nearly finished.​
In my opinion it blends perfectly into Coach Sommer's program.​

It would be great to have​ it on other platforms as well...
Or even better - incorporated into courses webpage.​..

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Pantanella

I use Beefcake for Android.

It's extremely simple and I've customized it with the GB exercises and made routines based on my training.

Most of the time I don't log the im but you could.

Try it out it's free