Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movement One Series

Scott Malin

We are pleased to announce that the first course in Movement One has been finished. Over the last fourteen months, the content for Movement 1 has been refined and reworked with the result being three substantial courses instead of one. Very soon the first of these, Tumbling One will be released. 

What You Should Know About Movement One

• Each course will focus on one type of movement (e.g Tumbling, Supported, Suspended)

Tumbling One has been specifically designed to produce high quality floor basics. To this end, only high quality repetitions will count towards mastery of a progression. Students who have been working diligently on handstand, planche shape and bridge will find this a smooth course while those who have not will need to supplemental work to shore up those areas.

As with all GST how perfect a student's basics are determine whether the student can reach advanced skills or not. We will have an announcement for the actual release very soon.

https://www.facebook.com/GymnasticBodies/videos/1122169574473408/

• Upvote 10

Dylan Robertson

So will there be progressions for these courses. Like Tumbling 2 and the other ones for apparatuses? And then Tumbling 3? Basically what I understand is instead of Movement 1 we have 3 mini courses (not really mini, but focused on one area of movement) that make up Movement 1. Does this also mean there will be mini, focused courses that make up Movement 2 and 3?

Jean-Rene Losier

So will there be progressions for these courses. Like Tumbling 2 and the other ones for apparatuses? And then Tumbling 3? Basically what I understand is instead of Movement 1 we have 3 mini courses (not really mini, but focused on one area of movement) that make up Movement 1. Does this also mean there will be mini, focused courses that make up Movement 2 and 3?

Yeah that's what my understanding is too somewhat. That it'll kinda be similar to the Stretch courses, where there are 3 movements trained, with each of them having 3 "steps" I guess you can call them. 

Each course in the Movement One Series is a full course of itself with step by step progressions and mastery standards.

The Movement 2/3 courses will simply increase the difficulty of the conditioning by several factors. M3 is absurdly difficult in the dynamic strength department.

• Upvote 4

Yeah that's what my understanding is too somewhat. That it'll kinda be similar to the Stretch courses, where there are 3 movements trained, with each of them having 3 "steps" I guess you can call them. 

Not quite. The stretch courses are a set routine which can be done in partial (beginners) or in full since flexibility plays by a different ruleset than strength. M1 series are traditional courses.

Dylan Robertson

Each course in the Movement One Series is a full course of itself with step by step progressions and mastery standards.

The apparatus lead ins are optional/bonus to the main conditioning. The Movement 2/3 courses will simply increase the difficulty of the conditioning by several factors.

So are the apparatus lead ins Included in the Tumbling 1 course? Or are they a separate course altogether, I Imagine if they are a separate course then it will lead to multiple different skills on that apparatus with progressions.

Jean-Rene Losier

Not quite. The stretch courses are a set routine which can be done in partial (beginners) or in full since flexibility plays by a different ruleset than strength. M1 series are traditional courses.

What I meant is, Stretch is like one big course, but split in 3 movements. Movement sounds like something like this concept, except with a training structure like Foundation/Handstand with progressions. Am I on the right track?

So are the apparatus lead ins Included in the Tumbling 1 course? Or are they a separate course altogether, I Imagine if they are a separate course then it will lead to multiple different skills on that apparatus with progressions.

If by tumbling apparatus you mean a floor, then yes T1 includes apparatus work. ;) Reread the first post point #2.

• The other Movement One courses will have an optional lead in progressions to apparatus training
  • Upvote 1

Yaaaaaay!!! Yaaay!! Yay! Yay!  Whoo hoo!  Whoo hoo! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Did I mention I am pleased with this news?

• Upvote 1

Are there any requirements regarding equipment for the tumbling course? (other than the floor that is)

Floor, wall and a mat to soften the faceplants. :)

• Upvote 1

Dylan Robertson

If by tumbling apparatus you mean a floor, then yes T1 includes apparatus work. ;) Reread the first post point #2.

• The other Movement One courses will have an optional lead in progressions to apparatus training

I suppose I am just confused as to what the other courses means. Does this mean there will be a specific course for the Pommel Horse for Example? Or in Tumbling 2 there will be a progression path for the Pommel Horse, Parallel Bars, etc. kind of like a path for Front Lever. Might help to know what the other two courses are for Movement

I suppose I am just confused as to what the other courses means. Does this mean there will be a specific course for the Pommel Horse for Example? Or in Tumbling 2 there will be a progression path for the Pommel Horse, Parallel Bars, etc. kind of like a path for Front Lever. Might help to know what the other two courses are for Movement

It means the other M1 courses have regular progressions and then some bonus progressions for apparatus. 

• Upvote 1

Dylan Robertson

It means the other M1 courses have regular progressions and then some bonus progressions for apparatus.

Ohhh, that makes a lot more sense. Any hint as to what the other M1 courses will be?

I am heading on a cruise for two weeks, so no internet for me. I think you need to delay the release by two weeks

• Upvote 5

The time we got M1 but not really. 

More seriously though, don't get me wrong as I understand what we're getting and I'm seriously hyped, but it was just too tempting to say that.  :lol: Very curious to see what the other two components of M1 are!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

M3 is absurdly difficult in the dynamic strength department.

Consider me intrigued.... Also, this first course sounds terrible, I think I speak for everyone when I say we're not interested and we want nothing to do with it.  :lol:

• Upvote 2

John Koliopoulos

Is there any info on when Rings 2 will be released ?

Personally I really doubt that tumbling can be learnt by doing internet courses. A while ago I thought the coach stated this himself.

Cheers

Christian Nogueira

So if I understand correctly, this is actually 3 courses with separate levels, so you'd have like Tumbling 1, 2, 3 and then "<other-movement-course-title> 1, 2, 3" etc ?

David Birchall

I think they might comprise of more plyometric conditioning, basic patterns such as rolls and conditioning drills rather than say progressions for an actual backflip but I hope I am wrong.  I also think that the aim of the courses would perhaps be to prepare athletes for tumbling so like straddled tuck drills on the floor for back and front tuck.  This is of course unless they start selling affordable crash mats!

Just excitedly guessing and speculating here to quell my giddiness at the release of the course but I think there might be some locomotion stuff, and hopefully I see: Cartwheels, OACartwheels, Aerials, tuck straddle pike Fwd/Bck Rolls, Back Ext roll... They could be in it feasibly from a practical point and I'd say back and front head/handspring progressions too - a Macaco is pretty safe if you've got a decent bridge.  While I'm not setting my hopes up for more front and back somersaults I hope they're in there because I've been looking for decent progressions for these for like 2 years.  I can do a front somersault but my form is awful and I'm probably a danger to myself.

Oh I think floor circles hopefully too - maybe even using bucket - with a lead into pommel as the lead in to apparatus for this element like was mentioned above.

Even if the course's aim is only to prepare us for tumbling with drills for the more dangerous stuff - that'd suit me fine and mean I can finally get somewhere at my adult gymnastics class.