Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chinese Pole

jamesters

How can I set up my own chinese pole? Do you think just buying a thin and long but strong pole from Home Depot or whatever and putting it in the grass will work? Is there a way to set one up inside a gym? I really want to do chinese pole training but not sure how to get it started.

Don't you have them on your parks over there? Here in Japan they are like plague, everywhere! Very often I can't find parallels on the parks to practice dipping, but you can find the "Chinese pole", they call them "climbing stick" (nobori-bo) or something like that. All elementary schools have them. Why don't you practice in one side of high bars in some park?

The chinese pole I was able to use once was a metal pole covered with neoprene for better grip.

On the ground it stood on a wooden square (didn't seem to be mounted to the ground in any way), and on the top it was harnessed by three straps to the sides.

You can also find some technical specifications in the FEDEC manual for Chinese Pole:

http://www.fedec.net/website/EN/index.html (click on "pedagogical tools", then look for chapter 5).

That is a most excellent on-line resource! Thanks for the reference, palmcron.

Yet another thing I need to make for the yard! :shock:

Richard Duelley

I am particularly enjoying the handstand part of 'Chapter 6 - Acrobatics: Handstand, hand to hand, banquine .' Its good to see many of the drills I have been using, as taught by Ido, to develop my handstand in this document. :mrgreen: