Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New User - Please Tell Me Advantages to G.B. Programs. Thanks!

Paul Copeland

Paul Copeland

Hello! I am interested in the G.B. programs, mainly the flexibility program. I am a 35 year old male, with weight lifting experience, but very little flexibility training. I am curious to hear from those that have been using this site, as well as their programs, to see if it is for me. What advantages have you found over free programs that you can find online? How has it helped your progress? Thanks!

Hello pcopeland!

The stretch courses are the best!

They're are the best stretching program I've ever seen and it helped my flexibility and strength progress a lot since I've started!

Now I can do front splits, almost middle split, my pancake is improving a lot and my bridge is very nice to me.

It'll help not only to your mobility, also to your strength!

The courses are desinged so it'll be very simple to people to start and doing them, you just get into the course forum and start your stretching, it's very fun!

Nicholas Green

I'be done a fair bit of strength and conditioning coaching, and in my opinion, the Gymnastic Bodies courses are the best fitness products on the market. As a second-time, poor college student, the price tags can seem a little high, especially with free products inundating the market, but GB course are well worth the money. If general fitness or body weight strength training are your goals, there isn't any other product on the market that really competes as far as quality of product, completeness of program, or results are concerned. The Stretch courses, which you specifically asked about, are, again in my opinion, far and away the best products that Coach Sommer and his team have released. They have drastically improved my performance in my other training (strength), and my body is more mobile and feels better than it ever has. They have helped me overcome a large number of limitations from a long history of sport- and work-related (military) injuries, including returning full range of motion to my ankle after I shattered it rock climbing (unlucky ground fall). They have made my training and life more enjoyable, and I'd pay for them again.

• Upvote 2

Nicholas Green

I'd like to expound further. After I broke my ankle, in combination with all of my other injuries, I didn't think I'd be able to run or hike or climb or do any of the activities I love again. The Stretch courses gave me my freedom back, and I can't put a price tag on that.

• Upvote 1

Actually I've been quite (very pleasantly) surprised; I have always been reasonably flexible from and for martial arts and circus and regarded myself as pretty informed on flexibility training. Wasn't sure how much value I'd really get from these. Completely wrong- the difference in training a systematic series rather than a few stretches for a body part is vast-- in the front split series you work all limiting factors from ankles through calves hamstrings hips and lower back. It comes fast.

Particularly for the time investment I am satisfied that this is pretty much sufficient flexibility training for me overall. Every week coming back to the same series I notice a small, concrete improvement. And I feel as if it has taken the brakes off my strength development-- I've noticably picked up consistency and momentum since I incorporated these. Whether this is a direct flexibility or a recovery effect I am not sure, but its there :)

• Upvote 2