This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Flairs

Started by Antonio Murillo-Garcia, August 20, 2015 · 3 Replies · 242 Views

Antonio Murillo-Garcia

Are your hips suppose to pop in the flairs?

RomanJ

I have this "popping sound" too while doing flares. But I would rather call it "snapping sound". It's not easy to locate, but it feels like it's somewhere deep in the pelvic area.

 

I did some research about it and I think in my case it's the tendon of the psoas muscle snapping over a bony protrusion aka "hip snapping". I can feel and hear the snapping too when I lift my left knee up in an upright, standing position. The tendon snaps when I slowly lower the leg to the ground. Interestingly I seem to only have it on the left side. On the right side it's barely noticeable, if it's there at all.

 

If it's the psoas muscle and tendon, then maybe hip-flexor stretching and releasing could help with it?

 

I would also be glad if someone knowledgeable could weigh in on this topic.

 

Here is some further reading on the topic I found to be helpful: http://www.katysays.com/snapping-psoas-hidden-tiger/