This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

compression drills

Started by Itamar sha'ashuaS, August 16, 2015 · 10 Replies · 322 Views

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Hello!

I'm doing all of the courses and my mobility is very good, but I'm stuck at MN/PE2 (I need a bit more compression for mastery technique) for a long long time (7 months or more) and I want to work more on my compression (although my lower body mobility is very good) so I would be able to master PE2 and PE3 and of course for a lot of other skills in the future.

I'm looking for good compression drills.. I know that pike/straddle pulses are great, HLL compression playing in the top position, and of course the stretch series that is helping me a lot since it cames out!

What are good drills for compression work? what would be a good compression work routine for doing after foundation sessions?

Thank you!

Alexander Egebak

Can you please attach a video or a picture so that we can see how far away from mastery that you are?

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Alexander Egebak said:

Can you please attach a video or a picture so that we can see how far away from mastery that you are?

Here it is

Alessandro Mainente

Hamstring stretch should solve your problem. if you are tight one leg at time then legs together.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Alessandro Mainente said:

Hamstring stretch should solve your problem. if you are tight one leg at time then legs together.

I don't think I'm tight..

post-19795-0-29534300-1439739558_thumb.j

post-19795-0-57565400-1439739577_thumb.j

post-19795-0-94189700-1439739614_thumb.j

I'm doing the stretch series since it came out and already got a front split too.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

The Middle Split series has helped me. Throw some weight plates on. The Pancake pretty closely mimics the body position of the straddle tucks, though your upright and not on the ground.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

The Middle Split series has helped me. Throw some weight plates on. The Pancake pretty closely mimics the body position of the straddle tucks, though your upright and not on the ground.

I almost got a side split too, and started doing the weighted pancake last session, felt good!

Alessandro Mainente

At this point it's clear that your hips flexors are not so strong.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Alessandro Mainente said:

At this point it's clear that your hips flexors are not so strong.

Thank you Alessandro, I'll work more on my hips. started to do compression work today, I sure that with the middle split course, foundation and compression work, my hip flexors will get stronger and more mobile. I'll keep you posted!

Alessandro Mainente

The reason of my point is that I'n not flexible as you on front split (alo if i'm close to it) but I can compress more .

this is a sign that the passive flexibility is by far greater than what is required, on the other side your weakness exceeds the strength needed to explore your passive rom. it is a typical situation of people who have a natural flexibility, i've seen it especially on your gymnastics girls and figure skating young kids.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Alessandro Mainente said:

The reason of my point is that I'n not flexible as you on front split (alo if i'm close to it) but I can compress more .

this is a sign that the passive flexibility is by far greater than what is required, on the other side your weakness exceeds the strength needed to explore your passive rom. it is a typical situation of people who have a natural flexibility, i've seen it especially on your gymnastics girls and figure skating young kids.

So which exercises works on Active flexibility?

oh, Alessandro, I'd like you to take a look at this 3 form checks if you can, it's very important to me to hear your and other's advices..

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/21502-a-few-form-checks/

I fixed my form and uploaded some new videos in the comment below in this thread.

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/21534-planche-lean/

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/21544-wrist-elements-varations-form-check/

 

Thank you! :)