Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GYMNASTIC BODIES TRAINING AT HOME

Robbie Main

Hello

I'm looking at doing some strength training at home the Gymnasic Bodies way... I am unsure however how much room I will need etc... Is anyone able to advise how much space and what extra equiptment/attachments I may need apart from rings? Does anyone know of a way to set up rings at home without making holes in the ceiling or walls? Is there a minimum stud height that I should have?

Any help with this question would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Leo

Leo, look into a doorframe pullup bar. Straps won't be so long so you will be limited but it's hard to find anywhere decent in a house to hang straps typically anyways unless it's from the garage.

I think 5x5 is more than enough space which is enough space to basically do a forward roll, sit in a straddle and do a handstand or bridge. Some wallspace is a good thing to have access to.

If there are any exposed rafters or beams, you might be able to use rock climbing webbing and locking carabiners to secure your rings. That is how I have my rings hung in my garage. I have a center beam that is very thick and secure. I went to REI and got a few slings to go around the beam. It works very well.

Even if you can't get any ring action going, don't be discouraged. There is plenty of training that can be done with the floor and a door pull-up bar.