Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pics of my backyard gym

robotstrong

20 foot high, 2 inch diameter rope.

3875584769_3420a725ff.jpg

Homemade pull up bar along with my priceless Extreme Rings. ;)

3875585133_ab3477fe27.jpg

Homemade parallel bars. Much thanks to Crossfit Santa Cruz on their information.

3876374522_037923e196.jpg

Overview of my rudimentary gym.

3875585543_7ee122cfdf.jpg

Nice set up. I am trying to get something similar going, but I don't have any tall trees in my backyard for a rope. I don't think my wife is going to let me modify the roof or house to hang a rope from there. :| Still, a set of parallel bars would be very cool. I have bought some wood and bars, but I can't find some of the hardware I need to complete it, i.e. the parts to attach the bars to the lumber supports.

Thanks a lot guys. Yeah, good luck getting the wife to go for that. ;)

Wolf, The parts to connect the bars to the beams are Kee Klamp fitting number 70.

• 1 month later...

I have a question about your high bar. How deep did u plant the posts below ground? And also how did u secure the bar to the posts?

• 2 weeks later...

The posts are about two feet below ground. I attached the bar by using a spade drill bit and drilling holes through the posts, sliding the bar through, and then drilling holes through the bar and the posts and sliding bolts in to keep the bar from rotating.

Thanks for the response guy. ;)

• 1 month later...
Charles Weill

Wow! That's an incredible set you have. What kind of wood did you use for the parallel bars? Is it pressure/chemically treated, or it the paint weather-proofing?

Maybe I will post my homemade "gym" photos later. Cheers!