Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pretty strong bar work from Ukraine parks

JL

Nick Van Bockxmeer

wow that was freakin beastly.

Really surprised, seeing as he seemed to have a tall and slim build...bit of inspiration for me.

I really can't get past the terrible choice in music. Even with muting it. :\

Pulling strength is very good, but he didn't go full ROM on the OAPs. That's all I saw.

Really surprised, seeing as he seemed to have a tall and slim build

Yeah me too.

Pretty strong front levers.

crazy video :twisted:

is it just me or does it look like he is assisted into the iron cross until they film his feet and theres nothing there? Looks like he has bent arms in the cross aswell but still damn strong!!

crazy video :twisted:

is it just me or does it look like he is assisted into the iron cross until they film his feet and theres nothing there? Looks like he has bent arms in the cross aswell but still damn strong!!

I thought the same :D

Yes, he has bent elbows, all things on bent elbows are much easier....

But still very impresive.

I really can't get past the terrible choice in music. Even with muting it. :\

Pulling strength is very good, but he didn't go full ROM on the OAPs. That's all I saw.

LOL! I didn't listen to the sound at first. Makes sense, though, as he has been putting up video responses to some street videos.

About the OAP's, would you count the last one as full range?

He can do a real cross if he practiced most likely. I've found you can do a perfect straight arm cross at about 3-4 OAC/OAP.

As for the last, eh. It was sorta.. he kept his shoulder angle closed which is part of the movement. I can't comment on the elbow because it was a bit hard to tell from this angle. If he went all the way down I'm sure he can do at least 3-4 though.

The most impressive thing was the OAP so... it felt like a waste of time watching everything as I just did. :\

He can do a real cross if he practiced most likely. I've found you can do a perfect straight arm cross at about 3-4 OAC/OAP.

As for the last, eh. It was sorta.. he kept his shoulder angle closed which is part of the movement. I can't comment on the elbow because it was a bit hard to tell from this angle. If he went all the way down I'm sure he can do at least 3-4 though.

The most impressive thing was the OAP so... it felt like a waste of time watching everything as I just did. :\

I was going to ask you about the cross, because I see a few vids where the guy can get a OAC, or good muscle ups, but just can't hold one. I started to question if their elbows could simply handle the stress. Another time I heard of someone supposedly able to hold a cross (lets assume strict), but never trained it, so I wondered if things like that were possible without specific work. This particular guy has another video where his elbows are straighter and he seemingly tries an L-cross, but they cut the tape before his arms where fully at 90 degree to his torso. I would agree, he isn't far off.

I was going to ask you about the cross, because I see a few vids where the guy can get a OAC, or good muscle ups, but just can't hold one. I started to question if their elbows could simply handle the stress. Another time I heard of someone supposedly able to hold a cross (lets assume strict), but never trained it, so I wondered if things like that were possible without specific work. This particular guy has another video where his elbows are straighter and he seemingly tries an L-cross, but they cut the tape before his arms where fully at 90 degree to his torso. I would agree, he isn't far off.

Well, let's put it this way.

I got cross first, and I had some elbow issues along the way.

I started working OAC about 4-5 months later and was able to obtain it with both arms after a 6 week strength cycle. I had 0 elbow problems working OAC 5 times a week.

Most people that go from OAC to cross will probably have problems with the elbows because cross is harder on the elbows. If you learn cross first via gymnastics work then working towards OAC you probably won't have any elbow problems since your elbows are already trained to handle the stress.

But yeah, since I was detrained with cross from working OAC for a few months when I went back I could hold perfectly with 3-4 OACs. This is with knowledge of correct technique and familiarity with the move though. I would rarely expect someone who has never worked cross before to do a perfect straight arm hold with no practice. That would probably require the strength of maybe 5-7 OAC.

As for learning whichever one first both have their advantages and disadvantages. I would say to learn both concurrently would be ideal. That should give you the base gymnastics ability + power pulling.

I've done first iron cross at first try and never trained for it at 12 years of age. But of course not with straight arms....

OAC and OAP has nothing to do with iron cross for holding it, it can just increase strength in your biceps wich is good for elbows.

I don't know if i can do either OAC or OAP because I've never tried it (maybe 8 or 10 years ago)...

I've done first iron cross at first try and never trained for it at 12 years of age. But of course not with straight arms....

OAC and OAP has nothing to do with iron cross for holding it, it can just increase strength in your biceps wich is good for elbows.

I don't know if i can do either OAC or OAP because I've never tried it (maybe 8 or 10 years ago)...

You're speaking out of your experience here. You have gymnastics S&C backing you up for your cross experience. Most of my friends who did gymnastics only had to train for about a month or two at most to obtain the cross once they started working it. Like you and them, this is obviously not the case as there is mostly non-gymnasts here.

Even though I had a gymnastics background, I came back into doing S&C work from scratch only being able to do a couple muscle ups, maybe 10 pullups and 10-20 dips or so. It took me about 18 months of pure strength work to obtain the cross (marred by poor programming unfortunately until I got the hang of it). This is what most of the people here will have to go through if they want to obtain the move.

OAC/OAP have EVERYTHING to do with cross for holding it as it *IF* you choose to go that route it shows you have the requisite pulling strength to do the move. Consistent with my experience is 3-4 OAC/OAP to have the pulling strength to do the move correctly.

(marred by poor programming unfortunately until I got the hang of it). This is what most of the people here will have to go through if they want to obtain the move.

What is a good programming to get the ironcross?

I may have lost some respect for Ukranians by knowing they picked that song. JK* I couldn't stand it when our girls played it, and I can stand it even less from a male. I will be speaking to the chapter of the ManCardAssociation in Ukraine about knocking points off or putting their ManCard on suspension.

Interesting notes about OAPU/CU and the stress on the elbow. We are dealing your elbows being loaded up with a lot of your BW in a straight arm position vs bent arm. OAPU/CU won't teach you the tension of IC but if you can do it, you will definitely have the pull strength, but possibly not the push strength. I wonder if some of the climbers that I know can do OACU cannot do IC for these reasons.

This guy is a tall toothpick.

Pretty impressive he can get those levers done at his height.

But i agree the music turned me off of the video.

I didn't listen to the music, but I thought that park was pretty neat. A park like that won't be found in too many places, if at all, in the U.S. because of liability concerns. One of the reasons why home or garage facilities are necessary is that the availability of fitness or gymnastics equipment is pretty sparse in most public parks, although you might be able to find a pull-up bar, parallel bars, stall bars, or some other equipment if you look around. Unfortunately, if there is a fitness park of any kind, its always too far away! :evil:

I didn't listen to the music, but I thought that park was pretty neat. A park like that won't be found in too many places, if at all, in the U.S. because of liability concerns. One of the reasons why home or garage facilities are necessary is that the availability of fitness or gymnastics equipment is pretty sparse in most public parks, although you might be able to find a pull-up bar, parallel bars, stall bars, or some other equipment if you look around. Unfortunately, if there is a fitness park of any kind, its always too far away! :evil:

I think the nearest fitness trail is 4-5 miles from me. It sucks. They started losing popularity after the 80's. They also ripped up many wood based playgrounds due to arsenic treated wood concerns in the past 5 years. I think a strong reason for fitness trail destruction is the obesity epidemic perpetuating itself. I see first hand how modern obese people tend to take a disdain for physical activity in general. it is easy to imagine someone shooting down tax dollars to maintain such parks, because they feel like neither them nor the citizens get anything out of it. People who enjoy exercise are seemingly becoming hermits.