Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Using the Gymnastic Rings while Raining

Ideal Paradigm

Ideal Paradigm

Seeing as to how Fall is coming, and the rain is also coming where I live, I thought this question would be most fitting.

Has anyone used the Gymnastic Rings outside while it has been raining?

I know that Coach Sommer recommends against leaving the rings outside, because it's not suited for weather, they're technically indoor rings.

Have any of you used the rings while it was raining (and then brought them back in of course)? Do you know if getting the rings wet adversely affects their structural integrity or quality?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Coach Sommer

I do not recommend using the Xtreme Rings in the rain. It is not good for the materials and also makes it quite difficult to maintain an adequate grip.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I have done it once, though I have homemade wood rings. I had to use a towel to remove the moist from hands and rings, in order to get a decent grip.

You don't want to reduce your and friction between the rings and your hands, which is what wet rings will give you. Just imagine inverted hang with wet hands, it can only spell disaster.

What i did last winter in Denmark was to hurry up and work out as soon as the rain had stopped and hope that it wouldnt rain for at least another hour..

I often train outside, too.

It is not good for the materials
that's why I avoid training in the rain.
Seeing as to how Fall is coming
since fall also brings a decrease of temperature, I have a different question:

Razz, did you use some kind of gloves on the rings?

I thought about very thin cycling gloves?! (something like these: http://www.neckermann.de/Vaude%20Race%2 ... d=16246505) maybe thinner..

Any of you guys, would you recommend gloves with grip or without grip? For Pullups, FL, BL etc it would make no difference though. But what about muscle-ups?

Please share your experiences :)