Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ring Set up help - with Cam Buckle Photos

pistol33

Ive already read Coach Sommers article of how to put the rings through the strap

he said feed them through the back but im still not sure, and want my rings to be set up 100 percent before i do handstand work on them

could someone post a picture of how to feed the web because i really dont get it with words :(

• 5 weeks later...
George Launchbury

Just checking through unanswered posts I might be able to help with...

Did you have any luck with sorting out your straps? I don't have any of Coach's rings yet, but if you can post or PM links to a few images of your buckles, I might be able to help you out? Cam buckles are usually one of a few basic designs, and I have a number of different types at home that may well be the same (including a set of Elite Rings ...that I already had).

If I have a similar buckle I will post some pictures/illustrations of correct threading procedure.

Cheers,

George.

Here you go 8)

The buckle:

60320105mq8.jpg

Push release:

93918091rm5.jpg

Feed through:

52476765bn7.jpg

Let go of release:

77779132xq6.jpg

Then test with body weight on each ring.

Anytime guys, thought it might be good to have some pics up for future reference.

*note to self* must get my nails manicured :lol:

perfect, thanks alot those pictures are great, mine are always blurry when i get that close

• 1 month later...

just those pics right there make me want to buy yours Coach (over the competition)

Thanks Alex

just those pics right there make me want to buy yours Coach (over the competition)

Thanks Alex

Go for it, they are awesome.

this is coming from someone who's tried the rogue rings and the elites. I've posted a review in the review section.

• 5 months later...

The new buckles are triple the strength of the old, but the new straps do not have the logo imprints.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• 1 month later...

I just bought my XR, so I suppose the buckle should be the new version. The one in the picture is the old one, right?

I think the one in the picture is the old one since it has the logo imprint. Make sure you put the strap trough the back of the buckle on the new ones.. you will know right away if they are set right or wrong when you test them with weight.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the one in the picture is the old one since it has the logo imprint. Make sure you put the strap trough the back of the buckle on the new ones.. you will know right away if they are set right or wrong when you test them with weight.

Hello

Can you post some pictures of the new strap along with the buckle system

• 3 years later...
Christopher Schwab

Hey, sorry to post in an old thread but- I have just received the gymnastic rings, have looked at the pictures provided here and instructions, despite doing it correctly (or mostly, I must have gone wrong somewhere) whenever I place any weight on the rings the headclip slides and drags the rings down, I can't figure out how to make it stay. I have tried to double loop but it seems too thick and I don't think the loop will fit through a second time.

Any suggestions?

You must be putting the strap in from the front. There are only two ways to put the strap in, the easy and incorrect way from the front, and the somewhat more difficult and correct way from the back.

Remove the strap from the buckle and feed it through the other way and see if that works. If not, post a photo or video so we can help.