Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best quality gymnastics bands to buy in the UK? Ive a torn biceps tendon and supraspinatus

dun08032863

dun08032863

Hi guys,

I am looking to invest in some quality elasticated bands for shoulder rehab, I want a good set going from veryt light to heavy.

I previously used therband, but they ripped very easily.

I need to purchase something ASAP.

THANKS

dun08032863

Here in the UK, we have a national health service which we pay into, (not voluntary) and the waiting lists for MRI's at that time were very long.

I was on a waiting list for over a year before I got my MRI, then a further year to wait for surgery, so it was not repaired as the injury was not fresh, the chance of a successfull repair is virtually zero.

I am still very strong, but weak in external rotation which causes impingement if I was do grab a dumbell and do shoulder raises.

Theres no point in crying over split milk, its done now, time to get stronger.

Is there any UK members on here can reccomend what bands I should buy?

Edited by dun08032863

Kate Abernethy

Our gym uses Pullum bands.  If someone uses the wrong band resistance they would tear... but as it for shoulder work, that would be unlikely to happen.

Also, if it helps, I recommend Cuban Rotations for building external rotation strength, starting with the lying down version.

Mark Collins

Use theratube by the same company that sells theraband. I have a blue theratube that is 10 year old in my clinic.