Hey everyone!
I have been exploring this forum for a while now and have finally decided to post because I have a lot of questions (and this community seems very nice, informative, and willing to help out!)
I am looking into doing GST and I am a complete beginner with no background in gymnastics at all. I am a college baseball player looking to get stronger and become more athletic for my sport. I want to be explosive, strong, and have all the attributes of an elite athlete (I am sure you've heard this many times before). I was wondering what you guys would recommend for me as a baseball player; I am reaching out on this forum to hopefully obtain some advice on where I should go with my strength and conditioning. I know that it really is undisputed that GST is the best way to gain upper body strength. I was hoping that I could use gymnastics training, as it seems to improve movement and strength in multiple dimensions and I want to use it to advance my baseball skills.
I am writing this post to ask you guys, the GB community, if you think starting with F1 would give me what I am looking for in regards to strength, mobility, flexibility, and explosiveness. Getting massively big is nice and all, but that has a means to an end in baseball. It only takes you so far. In using gymnastics training and becoming stronger and more flexible, I hope to become more flexible and have the ability to make better plays in the field (I play shortstop, a position that requires a lot of movement and athleticism) and I was wondering if you guys believe F1 would be a good place to start all this.
Thank you guys so much for taking the time to read this post, and I look forward to hearing you're feedback!