Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

paleo day 3

Peter Smrek

Peter Smrek

hei guys. paleo?  i feel dizzy. i have no power, losing control over my body generally and specially at training. is this normal on 3th day?

i eat only meat,eggs,lot of vegetables,berries,coconut oil and i drink only water. 

what i doing wrong? what should i add? rice? 

i dont want to go really paleo. but i have start from beginning. simple food and adjusting it. and see what will hapend. 

pls help

Leonhard Krahé

From what I see, your food choices appear pretty much on the low carb side - maybe all that is missing are some carbs, especially around your workout.

Peter Smrek

yes carbs. but good carbs are what? rice,potatos,pasta? i am lost in this way always. 

Peter Smrek

hard to find sweet potatos for me. i try to look for buckwheat. its good idea thanks

Jan Vartovnik

if you let your body adapt for few more days, you should be fine. eat carbs like potatoes, sweet potatoes or rice after your workout. i myself would stay away from grains (even buckwheat)

• Upvote 1

Toni Laukkavaara

good carbs aka carbs what dont spike your bloodsugar like crazy. Brown rice would be great

Peter Smrek

hm. you see guys? everybody saying different thing. what i going to do is adding only one ingredient of carbs and i will see what next. 

Toni Laukkavaara

hm. you see guys? everybody saying different thing. what i going to do is adding only one ingredient of carbs and i will see what next. 

you could try out the keto diet. It works wonders

• Upvote 1

Leonhard Krahé

Directly post workout, you may have some very high GI carbs plus some lean protein in order to stop katabolism and geht the carbs and protein into your muscles as fast as possible.

John Kiggundu

hei guys. paleo?  i feel dizzy. i have no power, losing control over my body generally and specially at training. is this normal on 3th day?

i eat only meat,eggs,lot of vegetables,berries,coconut oil and i drink only water. 

what i doing wrong? what should i add? rice? 

i dont want to go really paleo. but i have start from beginning. simple food and adjusting it. and see what will hapend. 

pls help

There are a lot of answers to this question on the Perfect Health Diet blog run by the Jaminets.  I think the Jaminets are right when they say that we need to have starch in our diet.

Their macro nutrient analysis conclusions are different from most people in the AH community, but I quite frankly think that we need some calories from "safe" starches, and I think that the Jaminets' way is the way to go.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Elliot Anderson

From what you're saying about being dizzy and having no energy, it sounds very much like you need to eat some carbs! You didn't list any carbs in your food. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, bananas, plantains, fruit, dairy (if you don't experience discomfort after eating it), will all help you feel better. I also saw you didn't list any probiotics (keifer & yogurt, active sauerkraut etc) - these are generally delicious and great for your health for a number of reasons.

It's very common for people just starting out on a diet like Paleo to completely forgo carbohydrates, because so many of the carbohydrates they're used to eating (i.e. bread, pasta, etc) are processed food that the Paleo diet is trying to protect you from. Paleo isn't a low-carb diet, it's a diet based on nutritional science that is actually performed with the goal of improving human health. So if you're feeling bad, something isn't right.

Where are you getting your information on diet? I'm just curious. There are a lot of great websites out there managed by people who care about quality content.

I'll try to be quick, but about the coconut oil... don't be afraid to get some more interesting oils going on - I personally hate eggs cooked in coconut oil, but I love coconut oil. Grass-fed/pasture-raised butter and beef fat (tallow/suet), olive oil, lard (hhhhhohoho bacon fat :icon_cool:), avocado oil, and in smalller amounts, oils such as sesame, walnut, macadamia and other nut oils that are high quality and unrefined can add wonderful flavors despite not having an ideal fat profile. Sesame oil is even an anti-oxidant, especially after cooking with it. It is worth it to check out the oxidation temperatures of all of the oils you're consuming, since consuming oxidized oil is completely negative to your health. http://www.yogitrition.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-cooking-with-oils/ provides some excellent info on the subject.

And eat a LOT of seafood. Lots of wild-caught salmon (plenty of reasons why wild-caught anything is superior), clams & oysters, and seaweed (which is actually delicious if you learn to enjoy it, I love it by default). Seaweed is really important for iodine, since most people eating a diet without processed foods are missing out on the iodized salt (which isn't really a good primary source of iodine), but they're exposed to the same environmental toxins which inhibit its absorption in the body (other halogens like fluorine, chlorine, & bromine). Iodine is amazing for things like testosterone & associated receptor density, neurological function, detoxification, etc...

*sigh* I'm hoping that one day I can cool it with all the diet research and just live my life... but food in the West is generally so messed up that I feel like if I want to eat for optimal health, I'm going to have to research tooth & nail for it. :unsure:

• Upvote 2

Peter Smrek

thanks for this.  good post

my infos are from various websites and now i reading paleo book from robb wolf. i need to restart my diet again. it was almost no carbs in it before,thats true. and that was a problem. so i going to reread all info around and start all over. 

Elliot Anderson

If you want some really solid information, Joshua Naterman has some excellent post s in some of the other paleo threads, as well as in the stickies on the top of the nutrition page (Perfect Workout Nutrition for example). He's a post-biochem major and med student with a decade of nutritional and digestive research behind him, and he makes his best effort to make statements about what is true, and is clear about what is speculation. His posts here provide a lot of information that pertains to a diet like Paleo, with some due criticisms about Paleo's 'frontmen' like Robb Wolf. I hope this helps remove some of the guessing and info-chasing from your research; I'm recommending him because I agree with the things he has to say based on my personal experience and much smaller research history.

Much of what Robb Wolf has to say is relevant to good health, but he is certainly not the endgame of human nutritional research. For example, he recently recanted some of his recommendations about going very low-carb. Carbs are good for you, even though many in fitness circles try to stay away from them for mistaken reasons. They are associated with many of the diet-related issues we face today, but that is largely due to the amount consumed and their quality (in the standard American diet, I refuse to qualify many of our processed carbohydrates as food at all). I honestly haven't found information as thoroughly supported by facts as Joshua's posts here, and he has been researching nutrition at least 9 years longer than I have, so I'll afford him some trust.

I enjoy reading from paleoleap.com, but as always, don't take the info there for face value.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.