Hello, I am a 24 year old guy who have started doing F1 and handstand one, I have been doing it for 2 weeks now.
When I am doing the first progression on fist knuckle pushups in the handstand series (wall first knuckle walk) I can not get the angle between the fingers and the hand to be 90 degrees, it is more like 45 for me.
Fine I guess I just have to keep working on it, but I have a few questions about it.
I can do 5x5r on step1 of all the other mobility exercises of the handstand series (wrist push ups, wrist rocks and fingertip push ups) easy. Should I keep on doing PE1 of all those mobility exercises until I master PE1 of all 4 despite already mastering 3 of them?
I work as a traditional sailmaker on a swedish 18th century replica ship. This means that 8h a day 5 days a week I am sitting on a bench, sewing heavy duty flax (linen) cloth all by hand, it requires a lot of gripping strength and I am exposed to it during a long time. Sometimes when I sew on patches and reinforcements it can bundle up to a lot of layers of cloth, 10-12 layers is not uncommon. This is very heavy sailcloth and most people who are not used to it will have a hard time pushing and pulling the needle through just one layer of cloth.
During the summer when the ship sails, I work on deck with handling of the sails and trimming. That means a lot of pulling in big tar covered hemp ropes ( some are 40+mm in diameter) and you often need 10-15 people pulling in the same rope to manage to do what you need to do. You also have to climb up the mast and out on the yards to furl and unfurl the sails when needed. Heavy work indeed.
Anyway I am not trying to glorify my work or anything like that, I am just trying to make a point witch is that I do a lot of gripping and sometimes heavy gripping work in my daily life.
I think that this has made my grip quite strong and it seems that my fingers only want to bend inwards, it is really hard for me to imagine my fingers being able to bend as much as 90 degrees outwards from the hand as it is required in fist knuckle push ups. I think it will take long time for my fingers to adapt to this.
I am just wondering if anyone have any experience with similar immobile hands and how long do you think it will take to master wall first knuckle walk?
Here is a short video of me doing wall first knuckle walk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zute-CnmVgM&feature=youtu.be
I am thankful for any help I can get