This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

First knuckle pushups question

Started by Pafke, January 1, 2015 · 14 Replies · 559 Views

Pafke

I cant bent my fingers to this point - http://prntscr.com/5neahf

As much as i try i cant get to that point, it feels like my skin will tear if i push anymore from point where i feel comfortable. :(

What should i do ?

 

Rayne-William

You have to stretch out the fascia tissue in your palm, fingers, and wrist.

 

I am in the same situation you are and the flexibility will develop over time.

 

 

In addition to the wrist stretches in the handstand course. Here is a Kit Laughlin video: How to stretch fingers, thumb, wrist, hand, and forearm

Pafke

Thanks Rayne-William.

Untile i get flexibility to do this exercise corectly with full room should i do it with room that i have right now or i should wait until i get mentioned flexibility ?

Rayne-William

Do the exercise with the range of motion you currently have, just don't move onto to FKP/PE2 until you have the full range of motion.

 

Fascia tissue is really tough and will take a while to stretch out enough so that you can do FKP/PE1 with full range of motion.

TANSTAAFL
Paf said:

What should i do ?

 

Push harder?  :ph34r:

Pafke
TANSTAAFL said:

Push harder?  :ph34r:

I would if i can. :D

Keilani Gutierrez

I gave my forearms a real rough massage underneath my shins and moving around the wrists  while there to give me a pretty good warm up and limber for meaningful wrist stretches/ROM for FKP at first. then it just kinda gets better. it's almost like you're doing a calve raise but with your arm and your hand/wrist being your foot/ankle. ^_^ so the same way i'd massage the calve for hamstring and ankle flexibility,  i'd take a look at seeing that video that Rayne posted and giving your forearms a bit of massage lovin' and then some C-R. it'll work wonders! 

Pafke

I guess that i should repeat block 1 program of FKP as long as i dont get a room to do it with correct form ?

Keilani Gutierrez

hard to say. when it comes to doing them under load, i'd say dial back on the volume until you can do them perfectly.

 

in the case of doing it on the wall without so much load like FKP PE1, i'd say you can do as many reps as possible for you to get a good stretch without straining the wrists. this might mean starting from week 1, 5 or 9. I was doing the week 5 block while stretching or massaging my forearms between sets until I finally got it to mastery. 

 

you really want to try some of the stretches that Rayne put up and really move those tissues around to get the 90 degree bend. 

Pafke

Thanks.

I will start with week 1 and when i get to week 12 i will repeat blok 3 program until i get full room FKP. I will also do those streches as Rayne-William reccomended.

While we are here, how much do you guys rest between sets when there is no iM exercises like in most Handstand course exercises ?

Pafke
Paf said:

...how much do you guys rest between sets when there is no iM exercises like in most Handstand course exercises ?

Anybody ? :ph34r:

Keilani Gutierrez

i only rest 30sec between wrist PE sets. thats it. the rest is conditioning

Awesssss

No worries. It will come with time.

When I started, I couldn't do it to. I could only get to 45 degree or probably less. Now I can do 90 degree.

Just do them everyday.

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi,

 

Here's my situation. My left wrist, knuckles and fingers are way more flexible, I would even say they're hyper-extended. My right wrist is not even close to that. I think the major reason for that is that I play a guitar for more than 7 years now. I used to play it several hours a day every single day for 3 years and less intense but still play eversince. Now I'm terified when I think how long it can take to get the same flexibility with my right wrist. Anyway, my question is if this is enough for FKP mastery? Because the guy in a video seems to have the same flexibility with his left wrist like I have with my right wrist. But it might just look like that, it's just a weird angle.

 

10872152_941836695827137_32181378_n.jpg?

Benjn

I also have poor FK ROM. Because of this I'm remaining at FKP/PE1 until I can achieve a full 90* bend. Treating it more as mobility work than strength work. Doing it daily and seeing some good results already!