Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3b Scientific Stark Stall Bar Review

Justus0704

Hello Everyone,

Some time ago I purchased these stall bars : http://www.amazon.com/3B-Scientific-W15400-Stark-Stall/dp/B00H2IAF6W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1430084441&sr=8-2&keywords=stall+bars

I thought I would give a quick review.

Overall they seem very sturdy, being made of mostly metal (rated for about 300-350 lbs). They install into the wall (I have mine screw directly into a stud) and into the ground. I put one concrete screw in each leg, which seemed plenty sturdy (see pics below).

post-8644-0-79133300-1430084573_thumb.jp

post-8644-0-85389800-1430084572_thumb.jp

The top rung seperates from the rest of the bars by a little over 3 inches.

post-8644-0-30305300-1430084636_thumb.jp

Thus far the only concern I have is the wooden rungs in the middle section. They are held in place laterally from spring tension. So they can spin, which I do not know if they will present a problem. They can be removed for some reason, and are also slightly offset from the rest of the rungs by an inch or so.

post-8644-0-67361900-1430084809_thumb.jp

post-8644-0-75317900-1430084818_thumb.jp

So that part is a little odd, and the reason for that design I have no idea. If anyone sees a benefit to that, let me know. Other than that little oddity, for the price it seems like a solid purchase. I will give an update if they fail some how.

Dorian Brown

Thanks for the review it seems like no one reviews stall bars. I think I might order these stallbars. Are the rungs round or oval. Also how tall are they?

The rungs are round. It is tough to find oval shaped ones. Especially for a fair price. The height of these stall bars are around 88 inches.

Ronnicky Roy

Do oval rungs make a difference? The shape I mean, circles vs elliptical. Other than to avoid spinning and possibly softer against your back in HLL

Stephen Majerle

My stall bars have oval rungs. It makes the diameter bigger which makes it a little harder to grip. I just consider it bonus forearm work :).

Stephen Majerle

I bought stall bars from Artimex. They have been great so far.

• 7 months later...