Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone painted their rings?

Timy7

I have a friend who owns a pair of xtreme rings and is looking to paint his. I know they are plastic so I recommended krylon plastic paint as it bonds to the plastic very well. Anyone know if this would work? or would it just come off from use. I too am curious as if it works I would love a pair of white rings with black straps.

Or coach.....any chance your moldsman can make some pairs in different colors? I know more then 10 people personally who would jump all over that and I am sure I am not alone.

Richard Duelley

I have never tried painting them because the only thing I can see happening is the paint will quickly wear off onto your hands as you use them. Painting may also adversely affect the texture of the rings. If you really want white rings you can get an pair of lexan or fiberglass gymnastics rings, they are expensive though.

Coach Sommer

Originally I offered two colors of Xtreme Rings; black and gold. The black were however the most popular and now are the only color offered. There are no plans to offer additional colors in the future.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• 2 weeks later...

I have painted my chinup bar and the middle of a barbell with plastidip, this forms a thin rubber coating for good grip. It comes in a few colours including white. I would not paint with normal paint as it might affect the texture as mentioned, but this stuff will serve 2 purposes, colour & grip. It appears to be suitable for plastics too. It could be useful for all sorts of homemade equpiment, like parallettes.

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip