Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crank Help

pistol33

Pistol, I tried tonight but could only do L hang to tucked lever. I borrowed my roomate's cam but the docking usb is in his room.

Tomorrow I should have recovered from last night's 300 workout and I can do my variation.

Right now, I've been playing with

L hang > tucked front lever > invert tuck > invert candlestick

or L hang > tucked front lever > open out to invert candlestick

or just the L hang, open out straight body through the front lever position to invert candle.

That's what I think the " crank " is anyways.

I did a basic stick man drawing to show the first two progressions. It will give you an understanding on the movement. I was doing these last night along with the back lever variety.

Paul.

crank.jpg

Guest Chiflado

Thanks for the sketch!

Question: Anybody tried this on a bar? I don't have rings and when I went and did it on a bar I had to use a little help from my toes to complete the inverted hang.

Thanks i reall get it now

would the final progression be i guess both legs straight, in a full front lever

I believe so, Pistol.

Just the L hang, open out straight body through the front lever position to invert candle.

Right now I only have a bar, so the invert candle is not going to be completely vertical. On rings, the candlestick would be easier cause you are not leaning slightly forward.

Coach Sommer

A link to a video clip of the Crank is available below. Please reduce the size of the picture for the greatest clarity.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer