Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Standing Back Layout without jumping...

Marlon

-3DHBOw_fc0

I just don't know what to say :shock: I kind of assumed that jumping was a necessity to do a back tuck let alone a layout. Does anyone know how hard doing this actually is? Because I'm certainly not going to try it myself

1. That's not a back layout. We could call it a back whip or a an arched back flip that pikes down.

2. That method of not bending the knees but pushing the hips back still loads the Posterior Chain. This is a newer technique frequently used on Balance Beam by girls doing series. Not just optionals but higher level power optionals.

Oh, alright then nvm :oops:. What exactly qualifies something as a back layout? I feel like I've seen a lot of gymnasts doing layouts with a very arched body position and still others piking down to make a landing out of what is still considered a layed out skill.

A layout can be arched especially when it's used to accelerate the next skill or for a skill like double layout.

Piking down would be a deduction and typically means the layout needs to be fixed.