Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need some Advice Setting Ring Height

Ideal Paradigm

Ideal Paradigm

Hello,

I have a set of the Xtreme Rings, and I would just like to know what is the best way to go about setting an equal height for both rings. For training purposes, is there a quick way to set the height of the rings? Do most people just eyeball the rings to make sure that they're of equal length? I'm sure that if you're off by a quarter of an inch or a centimeter that it won't matter too much for training purposes, but I would just like to pass this by the forum and confirm that this is the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I prefer the rings to be pretty much exact and sometimes use a stick as a level. I can feel the difference however there is also a difference because my right shoulder sits differently than my left because of a shoulder injury a few years ago ( partial seperation ). Basically, I'm too anal about it.

I eyeball it, and then give the rings a half twist and bring them together in the center space between the rings. You can easily see if one is higher than the other.

Ideal Paradigm
I eyeball it, and then give the rings a half twist and bring them together in the center space between the rings. You can easily see if one is higher than the other.

Oh, I see. And so the half twist makes it more obvious if the rings are not the same height. That sounds like a really good, quick technique. Way faster than busting out the tape measure. Thanks for the recommendation, Mark!

Richard Duelley

After a visual inspection I usually just jump up there and see if it feels right. I can just tell which one is higher or lower or if they are "good enough" to practice on. I am not too picky for just strength stuff as long as I dont feel lopsided.