This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE2 -> FL/PE1 downgrade lol

Started by Hanlim Lee, April 9, 2015 · 12 Replies · 509 Views

Hanlim Lee

I 've been working on FL/PE2 bent hollow body rock

 

and failed abjectly. 

 

there is some stimulation in abs but I can tell something seriously wrong.

 

Zack Armijo gave me very good advice, I know he is right but i can't practice it as he said with my body.

 

 

I got frustrated so I went back to FL/PE1, 

 

I could do 5X60s about five months ago. 

 

but yesterday I failed PE1 !!!! 

 

 

Why this happens to me?

 

Is it because my PE2 wasn't working so my strength is dwindled?

 

or I actually never mastered PE1?

 

 

I wish I could master Foundation 1 before I die. =_=

korija

yeah just like coach said, "you cant have anything". Did you keep fl/pe 1 as your warmup?

Awesssss

How long have you been working on PE2 and at what stage did you start and end before going back to PE1?

Jon Douglas

Normally you might expect a short-term decline in performance (regained after a session or two of practise) but in this case it does seem very odd. Even if you are doing only week 1-4 and repeat for PE2, you would expect your sets to be quite long, definitely building strength similar to the static hold!

I would tend to assume form is the issue here, not strength; if you aren't quite right on the static hold, there is no way you can hold the correct position when you add the rocks. Break position and it all falls apart, even if you make the 'number' of rocks it isn't going to improve you much.

If you have access to H1, I would consider working some of the PPT drills from there too.

Coach Sommer

Failed how? Be more specific.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Hanlim Lee
Shoes Magoo said:

Hmm...I think that was "you can't have everything". Otherwise we'd all be damned with our meaningless efforts lol.

 

OP: Have you read up on this thread?

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/17433-hollow-body-hold-advice

I thinks I read this before and hit the 'like' button several times.

 

but I don't remember the contents so I re-read it. 

 

Guess I engage mainly rectus abdominis.

 

I'm confused, I don't remember how I did it five month ago.

 

I checked my PE1 now and figured that I didn't keep my belly button at start.

 

No transversus abdominis.

 

Well, I don't see any difference bwt belly button sucked in position and bulge position

 

Even when I intentionally bulge my abs, transversus abdominis is activated when I crunch and lift my shoulder off the floor. 

 

I don't think this is the cause of failure. 

 

Thanks for picking this thread up though. I'm using this skill now.  

Hanlim Lee
Coach Sommer said:

Failed how? Be more specific.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

I tried 3X24r FL/PE2 first. I thought I was going nowhere and need some extra practice.

 

My abs didn't get tired much for obviously wrong momentum coming from my chin and crunching.  

(I fixed kicking by putting tennis ball between my calf and thigh)

 

then I tried PE1 for I hadn't done this for quite long time I was afraid of losing strength.

 

first and second set, 50 seconds was fine. 

 

from the third set, my abs got loosen slightly after 34 s.

 

my body doesn't LOOK different from first and second sets in other's point of view, no space at all between lower back and floor.

 

but I felt different. I can't keep strong contraction at some part of my abs. I can't pinpoint where it is. 

 

fourth set, 54 seconds, failed to stand 1 minute. 

 

fifth set, did stand 1 minute but last ten seconds, there was some shaking and couldn't keep my chin tucked in.

 

 

p.s 

whoa it's first time you leave comment in my topic. thanks for paying attention, coach. 

Hanlim Lee
korija said:

yeah just like coach said, "you cant have anything". Did you keep fl/pe 1 as your warmup?

well...  should I? I thought I could think of it as warm up IF I want to, but I didn't know I HAVE TO.

 

Does that mean I always have to do former PEs as warm up ? 

 

like PE1 warm up for PE2, then PE2 warmup for PE3 ... etc.

Hanlim Lee
Hollow Man said:

How long have you been working on PE2 and at what stage did you start and end before going back to PE1?

I've been working on PE2 for 15 weeks. 

 

I didn't know my form was wrong, thinking this PE is such a piece of cake.

 

but at week 11, I sensed something wrong and felt I did nothing for that long weeks. 

 

Posted question, Zach gave me good advice and I accepted it, went back to the week 1.

 

I put tennis ball between my calf and thigh and fixed kicking.

 

but I can't understand Zach's "creating momentum by shifting tensions"

 

No more progress on PE2, quit the 1st block, at week 5, the first deloading week. 

 

Did PE1 as alternative, failed brutally, shocked. LOL

sean
Coach Sommer said:

Failed how? Be more specific.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/19784-flpe2-im/

 

Just thought I'd link this for Coach in case he wanted to see the background story on where this started. I'm following this with interest cause I'm there too.

 

Hanlim- I watched your rock vid (and keep in mind disregard what I say if Coach or a GB coach chimes in here differently ) but it seems to me you may be a little flat in your upper back when you rock back to the floor after a few reps. You start out with good curl but it seems you every so slightly start to get more flat as reps go on. I then seem to notice more effort coming from your legs to keep it going.

 

Hope this is helpful and not more confusing. 

 

Goes without saying, Coach has the final word.....