This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL Bent HollowBody, how to solve the flat back syndrome : a possible solution

Started by Alessandro Mainente, March 23, 2015 · 7 Replies · 787 Views

Alessandro Mainente

Hi guys, first of all, sorry for my english, I hope you can understand the video.

Basically I've seen another form of bent hollow body position (FL PE1) that lacks of the necessary spine curvature. I've experimented this situation with lots of client especially with athletes coming from powerlifting. there is a too tight lower/thoracic muscles that prevent the correct spine flexion.

I've simply combined both passive elongation and active contraction to emphasize the curvature.

I applied this way over 3 ex-bodybuilder with solid lower back and with weeks ans weeks and patience they curvature became better then before.

I want to say that this way does not provide miracles but it could be a solution if combined with a correct and progressive approach on jefferson curl..

 

 

I hope it helps everyone is struggling with it.

tjhanks

Coach Sommer

Well done, Alex.  

 

The GST assault on the zombies of the world continues.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Micawberian

Sorry, I am slightly confused. From the flat lower back position, you must only use abs strength to pull yourself up? I cannot make out if you said "ass" or "abs"?

Alessandro Mainente

abs  :D !

sean

uh oh, I think I may have to go and film myself to see if I match your level of compression. Im working on rocks but I may have taken credit where not due yet lol. (and I'm no bodybuilder so no excuse). I made mastery but now not sure I was curled up enough.

Is there a recomendation or physical cue that one would see or feel to know they are in the proper curvature,If such a thing, without videoing yourself at every workout? Or just get your "abs" in front of a mirror :D Thank you in advance...

Keegan

Awesome! Thanks for sharing Alex! I've been struggling with this issue since I started Foundation (primarily affecting my Tuck Up compression, but definitely applies to BHB positions too). Will give this a serious try and see how if helps. What would you suggest as far as sets/time? I assume that since it's a stretch you'd suggest 60 seconds plus?

Awesssss
Keegan said:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing Alex! I've been struggling with this issue since I started Foundation (primarily affecting my Tuck Up compression, but definitely applies to BHB positions too). Will give this a serious try and see how if helps. What would you suggest as far as sets/time? I assume that since it's a stretch you'd suggest 60 seconds plus?

You should also try stretching hip flexors, obliques (the front side, back side and sides), This has helped me with my compression.

Keegan

Thanks for the advice Hollow Man.

I've been stretching all of those muscles for a while now (doing all 3 of the Stretch Courses as well, which has been great). But my issue with compression is also at least partly due to tight erectors from years of heavy deadlifting, RDL's, barbell squatting and other traditional weight lifting exercises during which I locked my back into anterior pelvic tilt and never went into posterior pelvic tilt.

I've recently started doing Jefferson Curls in my warm ups (have completely mastered Windmills to my left and just about there to my right, so felt it was safe to do so) as well hoping that will help stretch out the fascia in my lower and middle back. But hopefully adding this stretch that Alex posted will help also.