Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Calisthenics and weights?

Konan

Hey guys

I started working out, i have gotten the Best gains from pullups and dips so far, so i was thinking of combine those two, with squat, deadlift and bench. But how would that be, and can i be big and strong ? That is my main goal, i dont want to be a bodybuilder, just big and strong.

It would be 3 x 4-8 in squat bench and deadlift, and then dips and pullups for 10 x max

Alessandro Mainente

I'm confused, bbuilder are big and strong, classic example is franco columbu, strongman and bbuilder.

• Upvote 1

Toni Laukkavaara

^What is your goal exactly? to be "strong" in bodyweight movements and be big? if thats the case, then yeah your plan isn't bad

Alessandro Mainente

Of course, btw the training must be scheduled so that you can manage period of mass and period of strength.

Ronnicky Roy

Yea, definitely wrong forum lol. That being said, if you want the most bang for your buck in a workout. Just choose between the Big 4. Squat, Dips, Deadlifts, Pullups. Make a workout routine with just those exercises or focused on those with some small accessory movements. 1 upper body and 1 lower body. All your bases will be covered.

But if you're looking for "aesthetic" and want to maintain a small waist then choose carefully how you program the workout schedule

Sorry for the late reply!

What do you mean with the wrong forum? wrong website or section? 

Well my goal isnt to look like somebody who is going on the stage in a bb competition. Or could do all kind og moves in ring. My goal is to get a better looking body, with strength is can use in my everyday life. I used to get bullied alot as a kid, so now i decided to get stronger, so i know that i can defend me if ( god forbid ) need to someday. And i like the three big excercises from Powerlifting. But the training i have so far getting the best mass increase and strength, is pullups and dips. So that why i decided to choose them. And then later be better to do them in other and more harder variation ( from gymnastics/calisthenics ) 

:)