Joint noises

Started by colcio, August 5, 2009 · 5 Replies · 2,706 Views

colcio

Hi

Since I started to condition myself with gymnastic I can hear a lot of noises in my joints.I've always had a problem with my knee cartilage I guess from years of running on concrit roads doing cardio for wrestling.Since I droped my body fat to 10% and started doing some of the gymnastic exercises I feel and hear a lot of clicking and grinding noises which worry me a lot,everywhere, wrists,fingers, elbows,ankles, especially neck.I stoped doing bridges,bridges walk overs on my head etc. a long time ago, noises were scaring me.It's even worse now ,I feel a lot of tension in my neck especially after hand stand work or hand walking.

Age-32

Weight-85kg

Free hand stand-50 sec

HSPU-3

12 l-pull ups

10 MUPs on rings

Human flag 12 sec (don't do it a lot,I feel my lower hand shoulder is sore for the next 2 weeks after doing it)

I don't know if it is relevent or not ,maybe this exercises are to damanding for my joints,I get ocasionaly some pain in the joint but after resting it for few weeks it gets better.

Are this noises ok?

Can it be arthritis?

Is low body fat a factor?

Give me some thoughts please.

Thanks

Colcio

colcio

Ok Thanks anyway, I guess everybody's joints are super healthy or maybe topic wasn't covered in the book.

:)

Blairbob

Your joints and muscles will start getting tense and popping a bit because you are putting a lot of tension on them doing gymnastics, besides landing on them.

Are these noises accompanied with pain?

braindx

Noises without pain is fine.

Noises with pain is generally bad. Can signify anything though best to get an orthopedic doc as they can probably give you a best guess on what it is

Often the case is muscle imbalance though so if you know you have super strong quads and weak glutes/hamstrings for knees... or poor scapular mobility + strong chest/anterior delts, etc. then yeah.

ASForum

Just make sure that you are not TOO LOW on GOOD FAT.

As per Ayurveda the Cartilages / Cushioning tissues in your joints need Fat to work properly.

colcio

Thanks Guys