Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reverse hyper/reverse leg lift bench

Ronnicky Roy

Ronnicky Roy

Thought I would offer what I'm using for people who may need it. For reverse leg lifts and running man iM I just bought a $20 sawhorse at lowes and an $8 yoga mat from Walmart. Depending on choice of materials, total price is $20 - $35. I'm 6'1 with long legs and it's a good height for me. Just need to put it up on blocks in later progressions. And it's easy to move around out of the way. This fits in my bedroom and I don't need a power rack to do my leg lifts. Enjoy!

P.S. Might need to use a pillow on top of mat for extra cushioning if your weight crushes down on your abs too hard with this.

post-16040-0-29523000-1425864863_thumb.j

• Upvote 2

Looks alright. My guess is that at 6'1" your legs cannot hang down straight without touching the floor right?

It actually wouldn't be that difficult to build a gymnastics with some wood. There were boxes like these with vinyl stitched on them for parkour at CFMarin/TheCave. They were kind of heavy and would take some space though.

Ronnicky Roy

Oh yea, my legs hit the floor straight leg. I just elevate them with blocks. My weight holds it down and it doesn't slip around at all. I'm in an apartment, so I had to consider space when putting together something for reverse hypers.

Ronnicky Roy

I'm going to get high foam and dacron to give it a cushioned top like a reupholstering a chair.

• 2 weeks later...
Ronnicky Roy

It's working perfectly for the time being. Will probably put it up on boards in the future, unless I find something better.

Ronnicky Roy

I haven't attempted circles on this before. It can handle the vertical load, but not sure about the horizontal forces

• 2 weeks later...
Ronnicky Roy

I'd imagine so. The only thing about that is if you have a long torso like me, then the cushions won't hold your torso in neutral so you can focus on using the glutes instead of your back. It's really easy to make that mistake. That's why some people complain about back pain after or during later elements of hip extension. They used their back.