thanks, it's a work in progress.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Johnny's Training Log
Started by John Sapinoso, March 11, 2008 · 194 Replies · 14,660 Views
Nice airbaby work! I am at the one finger on the supporting hand progression and it feels so close! I might try to just pop my hand off the floor today and see what happens ![]()
Great vids! Really inspiring. Keep up the good work!
Nice stuff man, I really like watching your vids ![]()
haven't recorded a workout in a while.
2 rounds Ido's shoulder and scapula routine
3 rounds wrists routine and 15 calf raises (3 directions)
4 rounds
7-10 germans (straight body seemed almost effortless, adding weight next time)
7-10 gatherings (improved control on these, adding ankle weights soon)
3-5 snatch grip deadlifts on a 6 inch platform (these are killer)
updates:
diet/ lifestyle:
cleaning up my diet and lifestyle a bit and seeing huge improvements in physique and performance.
on a "paleo inspired" diet. limiting grain and sugar, but come on i live in asia, how do i not eat rice? still slip up every now and then, but i don't stress about it.
started taking 1-1.5 g fishoil per estimated % bodyfat along with 400iu vitamin E after a 3 week period of taking 15-20 g per day
becoming more conscious about sleep habits
minimizing social drinking, now i just binge drink at home and smoke crack, alone (kidding) After reading up on alcohol's effects on cortisol and muscle mechanisms i've limited myself to about 1 night out per week and 2-3 drinks.
strength:
locked arm iron cross is back within my sights, elbow injuries are almost a thing of the past.
credit recognizable straddle planches on rings are back.
all around much stronger, weight is much leaner larger 175 lbs.
tumbling:
tumbled a bit for the first time in months, loads more powerful and painless in everywhere but one place. I've neglected ankle prehab and they have become a weak link, i've added calf raises and ankle walks accordingly. taking suggestions on more ankle prep.
ill get around to a video update one of these days.
Sweet with an update ![]()
My recommendation here is 2-3 drinks per % bf. Works wondersts00nami said:about 1 night out per week and 2-3 drinks.
Razz said:My recommendation here is 2-3 drinks per % bf. Works wonders
*slaps forehead* ![]()
Alcohol definitely messes with you. Great work with your strength! I was wondering what the hell happened to you.
Razz said:Sweet with an updateMy recommendation here is 2-3 drinks per % bf. Works wondersts00nami said:about 1 night out per week and 2-3 drinks.
make sure you supplement pre, during and post workout.
here's what i did earlier today:
2 x ido portal's should / scap routine
2 x wrist extensor routine
four rounds:
15 seconds iron cross
3 x each arm 5 second OAC hold at top, 90 and 135
about a minute of ball massage on elbow, wrists extensors, bicep and surrounding areas.
finished with
3 x 5 RTO dips
I filmed the RTO's since i've seen a few posts asking what they are lately. to be posted later today. . .
here:
yXxQGgwB_FU
ts00nami said:4 x 3 SLS(115 115 165 165)
I'm guessing the numbers are added weight. How do you carry them?
Nice log by the way, I haven't seen it until now but I'll keep myself updated from now on ![]()
thanks, that post was a few months ago, but i believe it was back squat style with a barbell. although now i think id rather do them front squat or at my side with dumbbells.
Cool. I'll try that some time.
here's the last 2 weeks and the next 6-8 weeks
i'll try to film some later
Monday:
AM:
warmup:
1 x 15 idos shoulders and scap (band)
1 x 8 4020 cuban presses
1 x 15 wrists flexors / extensors
statics:
7 - 10 sets of planche variations for 60 seconds total
3 rounds:
3 pseudo nakayama negatives
5 bulgarian HSPU
cool down:
2 x 15 idos shoulders and scap (band)
2 x 8 4020 cuban presses
2 x 15 wrist flexors / extensors
PM:
warmup:
1 x 15 idos shoulders and scap (band)
1 x 8 4020 cuban presses
1 x 15 wrist flexors / extensors
statics:
4 - 6 sets of planche variations for 60 seconds total
3 rounds:
7 - 10 germans
7 - 10 gatherings
7 - 10 snatch grip deadlifts on a 6 inch platform
cool down:
2 x 10 shoulders and scap (cables, heavy)
2 x 3 4020 cuban presses
2 x 10 wrist flexors / extensors
Tuesday:
AM:
warmup:
1 x 15 idos shoulders and scap (band)
1 x 15 wrists pushups
1 minute medicine ball or foam ball rolling on back
5 bridge walks
1 minute medicine ball or foam ball rolling on back
statics:
12 rounds:
30 second rings handstand
45 second rest
3-5 sets per side side lever for 30 seconds total
cool down:
2 x 15 idos shoulders and scap (band)
2 x 15 wrists pushups
1 minute medicine ball or foam ball rolling on back
5 bridge walks
1 minute medicine ball or foam ball rolling on back
PM:
warm up:
1 set ido's squat clinic routine
20 feet dynamic pike to hollow walk stretch
20 feet ostrich walks
3 x 15 calf raises
3 x 5 SLS
3 minutes medicine ball rolling on quads
3 x 5 GHR
3 minutes medicine ball rolling on hamstrings
3 minutes medicine ball rolling on glutes
cool down:
1 set ido's squat clinic routine
2 x 30 seconds weighted active pike stretch
Wednesday:
destructured movement, play, rest, self massage and active recovery techniques
Thor's day
AM:
warm up:
1 x 15 idos shoulders and scap (band)
1 x 8 4020 cuban presses
1 x 15 wrist flexors / extensors
1 x 10 reverse curls
statics:
7-10 sets iron cross 60 seconds total
intersperse reverse curls and ball / manual massage as needed
3 rounds:
3 OAC
3 RTO (weight and lean as necessary)
cool down:
2 x 15 idos shoulders and scap (band)
2 x 8 4020 cuban presses
2 x 15 wrist flexors / extensors
2 x 10 reverse curls
PM:
warm up:
1 x 15 idos shoulders and scap (band)
1 x 8 4020 cuban presses
1 x 15 wrist flexors / extensors
1 x 10 reverse curls
statics:
4-6 sets iron cross 60 seconds total
intersperse reverse curls and ball / manual massage as needed
4 rounds:
8 OAC negatives
8 bulgarian
cool down:
2 x 10 shoulders and scap (cables, heavy)
2 x 3 4020 cuban presses
2 x 10 wrist flexors / extensors
2 x 10 reverse curls
Friday:
AM:
warm up:
1 x 15 idos shoulders and scap (band)
1 x 8 4020 cuban presses
1 x 15 wrist flexors / extensors
statics:
7-10 sets front lever 60 seconds total
3 rounds:
5 yewkis
5 front lever rocks
cool down:
2 x 15 idos shoulders and scap (band)
2 x 8 4020 cuban presses
2 x 15 wrist flexors / extensors
PM:
warm up:
1 x 15 idos shoulders and scap (band)
1 x 8 4020 cuban presses
1 x 15 wrist flexors / extensors
statics:
4-6 sets front lever 60 seconds total
4 rounds:
7-10 front lever rows
7-10 leg lifts
cool down:
2 x 10 shoulders and scap (cables, heavy)
2 x 3 4020 cuban presses
2 x 10 wrist flexors / extensors
my joints are precognitively telling me to skip one AM workout per week and focus on massage instead, ill film my PM workout today.
looking forward to the workout vid ![]()
Me too!
lLYXG7buRYU
learned a few things from this, my cross form isnt as good as i thought and i count faster in my head. also, i tend to jerk at the bottom of my OAC rep.
Nice man! Shouldn't your RTO dips have a little more ROM in the elbow joint? And are you strong enough to hold an actual iron cross but are holding back because of elbows or how is it?
Thanks Razz
I feel RTO is harder when I trade less elbow bend for greater forward lean.
I used to compete an iron cross a few years back, but very rarely trained them or other straight arm work so my elbows weren't really conditioned for it. This was a stupid move, because after I grew a bit I had something in my elbow burst and swell up when I tried one. So I'm going about it a bit more cautiously this time around. That being said, I'm progressing nicely and putting very little pressure on the bench with my feet.
I definately agree that it is harder like that, I was just thinking it makes it more of another exercise, like pseudo maltese lean or something but that might be going into too many details.
Interesting about the iron cross, just shows how important pre hab is
UOP3QuFlnro
some of my negatives are jerky at the bottom, I used my feet on the last round to help with this.
OowQsLYxfNU
first 2 rounds of snatch grip deadlifts aren't very snatchy
Took this past week off, i've been feeling a bit under the weather. Not sure if i'm sick or what, but ive been feeling pretty fatigued, sleepy, and appetite ranging from none to insatiable. The other day I fell asleep midday for three hours and I hadn't trained either. My joints felt fine last week when I was training but I now occasionally feel a dull pain in my elbows even though I'm not doing anything. I massage them and they feel swollen. My skin is drier than normal as well. Possibly need more omega 3?
Not sure if this is related but I had done a lot of scuba diving the weekend right before the onset of fatigue and trained the same days. I doubt it's decompression sickness but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Anything?
Doing contrast therapy, upped my fish oil, finally got a multivitamin and taking the rest of the week off. (will be 2 weeks off). Joints are feeling a little better, fatigue is gone and skin is back to normal.
When I start again I'll go a little less intense at the straight arm work, particularly the cross, then slowly build back up.
back on it, doing modified PM workouts. two weeks from now i'll start adding back the AM. Video of some new exercises I thought up of when i was in rest mode coming soon including a harder german and gatherings variation.
Forgot to comment on your last video, those germans are damn sick! :twisted:
yep nice germans and those ring tuck planches looked pretty solid, planches just look so much nicer with locked elbows.
and dramamine. I love that song.