Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pseudo Stall bars at lowes $35!

Vinni Williams

Vinni Williams

My brother just started working at Lowe's and he send me a picture of what look like stall bars, but they are  actually wooden deck railing.They cost only $35 and are preassebled. What do y'all think about these things. Would they work as stall bars. The only problem I see is that the bars are square but some of them could easily be replaced for round dowels. They come pretreated so they would be able to be setup outside. Check them out!

http://www.lowes.com/pd_489068-432-HRS6T15EL_0__?productId=50279767&Ntt=railing+wood&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Drailing%2Bwood&facetInfo=

Danger Will Robinson!

Someone will get hurt trying to use those as stall bars.

• Upvote 2

• 9 months later...
Todd Sprenkle

I have the 760P telescoping ladder - tied to a "power tower" (which is stabilized for pike pulls by piling weights on the back legs of the tower). I find this setup works for me for most of the exercises that otherwise require a stall bar. I think that the biggest limitation is that the side-to-side width of the steps is less than shoulder width. Distance between the centers of the vertical poles is 16". Diameter of the vertical poles is 2". I use "weightlifting bar padded wraps" to cushion the square steps so that they are comfortable to grip.

• Upvote 1

Further addressing the original post, I wouldn't want to be grabbing, breathing or playing with any treated wood that's inside my house.