Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sarcoplasmic vs. Myofibrillar Hypertrophy

bikegigant

Hey guys,

I'm 193cm tall and weigh around 95kg (~10% bodyfat). So you see that I'm not the best phenotype for gymnastic.

My Problem is since I started Gymnastic one year ago, I've gained 5kg lean mass. For some people it's fine, for me it isn't, because it's not making exercises easier.

So my question is: How can I get stronger without gaining weight? (Training only for Myofibrillar hypertrophy or neurological strenght)

What will happen If I reduce the amount of protein and kcal I take in everyday? I was taking 1,5+ g of protein per kg bodyweight, result was I gained mass, what If I take only 1g ?

To summarize my question: Is neurological strenght depending of your diet as gaining muscle (sarcoplasmic hypertrophy) is?

Regards

Alexander Egebak

The mass you gain during Gymnastic Strength Training™ and skill training is a necessity. You might just have a big build, that is the cards you have been dealt. Unless your training specifically favors muscle mass gain over a longer period of time (body building routines and the likes of) those extra kilos are a result of your body needing them for doing the work that you put it through.

GoldenEagle

If you just want to gain strength. Work on isometric contractions with slow eccentrics.

The strength your skeleton gets isn't dependent on size the muscle but size of your tendons.

Regarding: Nutrition

• Upvote 1