Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Back Straps Setup?

Vance Newgard

Vance Newgard

I got my back straps today. I am playing around with them to figure out proper setup and use but some directions would help. Is there going to be any instruction on these? I'm not even sure I hooked them up properly.

• Upvote 1

There is something in the works, but it's really very simple. You just wrap the strap around a rung of your stall bar and hook it to itself.

Vance Newgard

Ok I got that. I did archups today. I think I did them correctly but I am not sure if I had everything in the right position so next time I will film for critique. I didn't feel as much compression in the erectors as when I use a glute/ham machine.

• Upvote 1

Brian Martens

I would definitely appreciate some directions or just some basic setup tips for various exercises as well.  Tried archups today and I'm having difficulty getting them adjusted properly.

• 4 weeks later...
Christopher Schwab

Just received my back straps today as well. I am unsure at what height I should be placing the straps (I am thinking hip height but not sure). 

There is something in the works, but it's really very simple. You just wrap the strap around a rung of your stall bar and hook it to itself.

Is the "something in the works" nearly ready?

Even just a quick 1 minute video setting them up and doing an archup would be really helpful :)

EDIT: Found a video of Cole Dano using the straps, but against a wall rather than stall bars. 

For anyone interested here is the link: 

• Upvote 1

James Portillo

I have a quick question.. a while back coach mentioned something about a door/doorway attachment for the back straps coming in late March, do those now ship with the current batch of back straps, or no?

The Door Hangars will be available this week!

I didn't realise that video was still available, it does show 3rd set up alternative, using eyebolts. 

Christopher Schwab

Door Hangars for the BackStrap are now  online - gymnasticbodies.com/gear/

That was quick  :o

Thanks, I'll be picking up a pair in a week or so. Got quite a bit of traveling coming up actually.

Will these be stable enough to take a full person's bodyweight plus 45lbs for archups, though? (Assuming the door is stable enough)

The Door Hangars are very burley, they'll hold the weight no problem as long as your door is strong enough.

Harvey Miles

I got my back straps today. I am playing around with them to figure out proper setup and use but some directions would help. Is there going to be any instruction on these? I'm not even sure I hooked them up properly.

I got mine this morning and don't have a clue as to how to perform the exercises that GB says you can do with these straps. A simple booklet/video would be nice .

Coach Sommer

The backstraps are meant to support the exercises as outlined in the Foundation courses.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer