Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

stalder press to handstand--

Zachary Farber

Zachary Farber

Stalder:

This was an exciting development for me! Second day of successfully pressing from the ground. Any form tips? My elbows are bending a little in there, I think maybe if I focus on protractcing harder i can clean that up.

• Upvote 1

Katharina Huemer

I think it loos pretty good, however, I am not a professional or anything.

What you can definitely improve is getting your hips higher and a rounder back, so you can straddle up with feet pointed and less lean. The higher the hips, the more space you will get for your feet. So more compression in general. But this will come quickly with proper training!

And of course, the arms...should be straight ALL THE TIME with elbows LOCKED!

Stop your video at 0:04 and look at your position.

Now stop this video at 0:09 at compare it.

Anyways, well done and keep working on your compression (Straddle L holds, sitting leg lifts etc) and you will see improvements quickly!
  • Upvote 1

Katharina Huemer

actually now looking at the second video, the girl could even compress more, which means not so much lean and legs closer at the body!
but you get my point...

Pasha Muravyev

You're initiating the downward part of the motion by bringing your shoulders forwards as opposed to "rolling" your hips.  Try to keep your shoulders in the same place until your legs pass horizontal (or longer). You might find you have to stick your butt out a bit for that (although that's just compensation for insufficient active mobility).

Also turn your hands out a bit - that will help to lock your elbows and for you to feel it with the muscles of the upper back. Other than that, it's never bad to work straddle L holds for time, even though they're not too much fun.

Good job overall though!