Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another way to prepare eggs

Guest Ido Portal

Guest Ido Portal

I ran into an inreresting way to prepare your normal omlete for breakfast this week.

It is an old, traditional arabic costum and goes like this:

1. squeeze the juice out of a full lemon into a cup.

2. mix in 2 mashed big garlic cloves

3. pour some olive oil into a pan and heat.

4. when hot, pour in the lemon juice with garlic and let it simmer until the garlic turnes gold

5. pour in your beat eggs

6. lower the fire and let it cook for 3-5 min

This is so simple, and will surprise you, I am sure. The lemony and garlic taste that it gives the omlete is just incredible.

Let me know what you think,

Ido.

• Upvote 1

Hayden Whealing

I might try this today for lunch or tomorrow some time and I'll post my results here :D

Edit: Tried the recipe for lunch today. the garlic and lemon certainly was a great combination and made the omlete very tasty. definitely will make it again in the future.

Richard Duelley

I might just have to make another trip to the store and try this one out! Everyone around me knows I love my eggs! :mrgreen:

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Biren Patel

I know guys, this is so old, why would I bring this thread back from the dead...

I was just wondering, what's up with this recipe. I gave it a try, today, and it tasted fantastic. Only, I went for scrambled eggs and ended up with the most disgusting, curdled, cottage cheese mess. Good taste, disgusting texture. Where did I go wrong...how does one mess up eggs...

I also ended up having to constantly stir the damn thing like a risotto, because the garlic started burning on the bottom of the pan underneath the eggs.

• Upvote 1

Biren Patel

Just medium low. I think the garlic just sat so long under the egg, as it was an omelet originally. Only when I noticed burning underneath I turned it into scrambled hah. I am a pretty mediocre cook, just though If I could perhaps change the texture of these lemon-garlic eggs, it would be nice as breakfast some days.

It's not my first time burning garlic though. I do it like half the time I try to cook garlic. I have magic fingers...of destruction.

• 2 weeks later...
Klemen Bobnar

How did you guys do this? How many eggs did you use? I made it with 3 and it was waaay too sour.

Mikkel Ravn

How did you guys do this? How many eggs did you use? I made it with 3 and it was waaay too sour.

Mine was pretty good when I used just half a lemon.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.