• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Drinking heavy cream to aid in weight gain

The Hound

If you are you extremely lactose intolerant? Yes

Drinking in excessive quantities? Perhaps

Drinking it at the expense of other good food? Yes

Believing this to be a silver bullet to gaining 'good mass' (what I presume you want)? Perhaps - you need to provide your body with the environment to use it how you want to.

Otherwise, heavy cream is great for getting some good fat and some protein; particularly if you can get it from a good source - plus it takes great in coffee. Research the ''Gallon of Milk per day" concept within Body Building circles. It is a legitimate way of 'bulking up'.

Murray Truelove

Why not try coconut milk (not the water that is only 5% coconut)? You can buy it in cans, I used to add 100-300ml to my protein shake and it's very calorie dense.

• Upvote 1

Hah I used to do this when i was really into lifting/bulking. 

Wouldn't recommend it, my friend. Pretty disgusting and fairly useless.

• Upvote 1

Murray Truelove

Have to agree with Sean, I'd just eat a muffin or something I actually like, it's not hard to find cheap calorie dense junk.

• Upvote 1

On a side note: A friend of mine used to be in a military elite corps - Don't know much about this stuff, but roughly equivalent to the Navy Seals.

They would have to go through a three month qualification test doing all sorts of insane stuff, but the bread and butter so to speak was tons and tons of heavy rucking. During these field drills they would literally live on two-three slices of bread and a lump of margarine per day.

One time during the three month qualification test, they would have a one week break for recovery. That week was apparently 100 % about eating and sleeping, on a diet of double heavy cream, and other calorie dense stuff. Some of the bigger guys managed to go from a skinny 80 kgs back to 90 kgs in a single week!

Now, obviously these guys were dehydrated and worn out, but still, I think it's pretty amazing that you can manipulate your body that drastically.

Nigel Leeming

Here in the UK, we have double, whipping and single cream. It looks like heavy cream aligns best with whipping cream at approx 350kcal 38g fat, 3g carb (all sugar) and 2g of protein per 100ml.

If you drank a 300ml tub, or a cup full, that would be 1100kcal 116g fat 8g carbs amd 6g protein.

Yesterday I ate a lovely jamaica ginger cake. Yum, yum, yum. The whole thing. I was in a competition and needed some energy. 940kcal, 27g fat, 164g carbs, 10g protein.

If you eat fat at that level, it gets stored as fat. If you eat carbs, it gets used, stored as glycogen or stored as fat (in that order).

Cake is yummy and the nutrients end up where they're needed. A cup full of cream on the other hand. Gag!

The benefit of cream is it is fat dense, and therefore calorie dense and can be consumed without bloating, but there is no magic ingredient in cream or milk. Chocolate and chocolate milk are also calorie dense, along with butter, olive oil etc.

But why not go for double cream (no idea what it's called elsewhere). It has almost double the calories of whipping/heavy cream for the same volume. Nice in coffee, cakes, sweetened and whipped etc. I make ice cream with it. My cat likes it too, and she's one fussy eater.

As a side note, I used to drink normal fat milk (I'm now mostly on 1%) as I read that a growth hormone was stored along with the fat. Once skimmed, this growth hormone was removed. I later found out that the growth hormone in question is a cow and not human form, and the human body treats it as any other protein. It breaks it down into small parts, then reassembles it into something useful.

Morning ramble over.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.