Hey all,
I haven't posted on this forum in a while, though some might remember my inital posts around 2-2.5 years ago. For some context, I started gymnastics at 20 years old, around 2.5 years ago, and I'm around 6' 2". I've made slow but steady progress over the 2.5 years (certainly not as fast as I'd hoped, but a lot of that is due to my own failure to stick with the program / fear getting in the way). I've definitely used some Foundation programming throughout that time and that's helped a lot, but nowadays I tend to stick closer to the conditioning programs that our coach has provided for us, since they're more targeted towards specific events (though I think foundation might be better for me if this were not meet season). I've mostly concentrated on PB and FX, though I have dreams of having legitimate routines on all the events someday ![]()
With that prelude, I have finally gotten a parallel bars routine together that somewhat resembles a legitimate routine (of course with very basic skills), so I wanted to share. It's not as clean as I'd like, but it's a start. The main skill I fall on at the moment is the swing to handstand after the front uprise; hopefully I can compete this routine in our home meet tomorrow without falls (fingers crossed).
For comparison's sake, here's my PB routine at the end of my first year of gymnastics: