Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Exercises for hunchback

freebil

Hello, I am 28 years old and I have hunchback(kyphosis). I bought pullup bar and gymnastic rings. Could you please tell me some exercises to improve my posture? I know that now is late but I would like to try.   

In pullup bar I can do 8 pull ups. I am doing chin ups also. I tried to do dips with gymnastic rings but I dont know if they are good for my posture.  

I attached photo with my hunchback and my pullup bar and rings. 

post-17793-0-86616600-1421679070_thumb.j

post-17793-0-04999600-1421679081_thumb.j

post-17793-0-01804700-1421679090_thumb.j

Are your hip flexors tight too?  Its hard to see, but you might have a bit of a Anterior Pelvic Tilt which will influence

the thoracic spine. (The bodies way of keeping equilibrium). 

You need to spend a bunch of time on the foam roller, bringing movement back into those vertebrae.  Stretch the muscles at the front

of the body that are tight (Pec, Pec minor, Lats), and strengthen the muscles in the back that promote posture. 

If your hips are problem too, you will have to do the same with the lower body. (stretch Hips/Quads, strengthen glute/hamstrings/abs).

Look up Upper and lower cross syndrome for more info:

http://www.jandaapproach.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/JandaSyndromes.jpg

(Basically, you want to do more exercises that promote 'External rotation' and less that promote 'Internal rotation'

So what you could do is something like this:

1) Stretch Pecs/Lats

2) Mobilize Thoracic spine on foam roller

3) Strengthen back with Row exercises

4) Finish with Wall extensions  

Thats just a start, but something like that will help. Also consider going to a physio and getting your back taped. They will tape your back so you keep good alignment throughout the day, this helps to reenforce the right muscles to fire. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Doesn't really look bad. Part of what is crucial is inforcing good posture as much of the time as possible.

Look into doing stuff like horizontal pulling (body rows) and scap shrugs with an arched chest. Josh (Slizzardman) talked about doing those a long time. Hang from bar, lean back and open the chest and do shrugs.

And then there is all the mobility stuff.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

What would be Bodyweight exercises that would be recommended for fixing/ helping posture & related muscles/ body parts? 

I'd like to do some of these ahead of time (out of order) to fix posture due to years of extended laptop usage..

...F1 ... (since F1 that will go in order)

- BtGB

- F Series/ H Series

- Any others?