Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Gymnastic training video

David Picó García

Frank_GulfCoast

As a person who is new to this, that video was very inspiring to me as it shows more of what is possible with consistent hard work.

Philipp Hornung

Nice. Two questions:

How long have you been training for these accomplishments?

And what music is this? I have heard it somewhere i guess, but i cant name it.

Wow, this is great. Awesome job.

I, too, would be curious to know how long you've been training and how you've progressed from the beginning. Very inspiring stuff.

David Picó García

Thanks for the feedback, i plan to track my progress every three months with a video, as i find is very usefull specially for some position as you cant see what youre doing. For example ring strength feels much more solid on rings but when i see how short are some holds i understand Einstein relativty :P

How long could take this is difficult to say, i read Coach articles 2 years ago, but my work hasn't been very consistent (Job, a lots of months studing to achive that Job, an herniated disc discomfort which i have controled thanks to this training) so it hasn't been two years of training because i interrupted the training a some months

It would be much shorter (i would say 6 or 12 months of hard work) dependng on how young You are, your motivation and youre current weigth-strength ratio.

But when i started i couldnt do anything of this stuff (neither handstand or muscle up).

If you aré starting i recommend following the WOD and scale it to youre level, i never had planned my trainings and now that i follow the workout (4 months now) i can fell the difference, it pushes you to a step further of what you could do without a plan.

Músic is from rocky 4 soundtrack. sorry about typing errors but the iPhone autocorrection is driving me crazy i hace to disable it.

Nic Scheelings

Great work my friend! I'm really pleased for you, u've come a long way!

The levers are starting to look really nice!How is the planche coming? Would be nice to see how you're doing with that as well.

Grewat stuff, keep em coming :D

David Picó García

Demus, my planche is so bad that i haven't recorded :twisted:

I have a problem with planche as i feel all the pressure and effort is at my forearms (not biceps or shoulders), so i think my forearms are my weakest link, and everytime i focus on planche training i get a strange pain a long my forearm bones (tendinitis?) that prevents me to continue on it, so i'm still stucked at tuck planche for no more that 10 seconds at my best with proper form (hips at shoulder level). I'm thinking of specifically train my forearms and then go back to it.

Yes my levers are getting stronger. I think this last 3 months of WOD where i have done a lot of tick tocks and levers holds (those 15 seconds of levers even in tucked position of WODs) have helped a lot. Also for my biceps strength, my negatives of OAC are getting stronger i didn't focus on it at all, in fact I find i am much stronger on them (before my negative was more like a drop) because i tried some day with forum member omegant asked me how was my strength on those.

• 8 months later...
David Picó García

Some months without training, i changed my house, i had twins (in total three boys), and some sort of pain in my shoulder have neglegted my training the last five or six months. So this year hasn't been very productive. I'm returning again to conditioning and to gain some strength.

Here you have a video of some random trainings of last month. Nothing spectacular (you won't see crosses, nor planches.. :P . just some conditioning exercises).

7gY_iBuAPOI

David Picó García

Thanks,

the camera is a Casio for the slow motion, there also iphone 3gs clips, and canon 550d.

Cdx still warm, well hot in fact, See you in the seminar!!!

• 2 weeks later...