Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Aspiring one armed Gymnasts

Zenwexler

Hey Everyone,

So as you can see from the title I am, an aspiring one armed gymnasts. Now I am no stranger to fitness. I played sports at a competitive level my whole life playing semi pro baseball in college. I actually do some light fitness modeling as well as I strive to build the best physique I possibly can. Now see my arm stops right below my right elbow. Outside of that it is fully functional.

I know of course I will be limited but if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

What I can do via bodyweight type stuff:

Handstand on elbows, hopefully if I get enough feedback I can take a pic/video and show you all. Also pushups and planks all directions. Besides that that’s pretty much it for bodyweight exercises, outside of pseudo-pullups.

For the record I can fully put weight on my arm missing the hand so that’s not an issue.

Ideally I would like to be able to do the most amount of bodyweight type exercises as possible left arm and right arm and in terms of gymnastic type stuff I would love to tackle the rings or pommel horse.

For some videos and pics of me to maybe get a better picture of what I can do here is my facebook link. There’s a good amount of pictures and a video or two on there! Thank you all so much.

www.facebook.com/julianwlucas

Just wait until you see a no hand planche!

No feedback other than good luck from me! I really wish that you make it. Watching one of your videos on your facebook site i can see it in your eyes you mean business.

Joshua Slocum

First of all, that's totally awesome!

Second, you probably already know this, but it's going to be really, really hard. 

There are a good number of exercises you can do unmodified. Off the top of my head, some good ones to try out with include:

- arch body hold

- hollow body hold

- elbow plank

- single leg squats

- v-ups

One thing I would pay close attention to is maintaining left-right side balance, particularly in the core and shoulder girdle. 

Do you have access to prosthetics? How good are they in terms of allowing you to push/pull with your right arm? 

• Upvote 1