Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do you use for your carbs?

Bret Kennedy

Thought I would ask this. Although the poliquin biosig has been ripped apart, and I since have changed my tune, even though i did the course, he did have a list of carbs that he considered 'free carbs' meaning eat as much as you want, and carbs that you have to 'work for'.

I just wanted to know waht you guys all use for your carbs in your diets to get the macros up. 

My current goal daily is around the 417 mark, and am interested in finding out what you guys and girls all use

bret

As staples I use steel cut oats and brown rice throughout the day, and potatoes around my workout. Fruits and veggies of course, but I don't usually count veggies towards my macros. I'll often eat different things, but I always seem to come back to these.

Yeah thanks for that. Oats are a staple breakfast for me, I eat sourdough but funnily enough is low in carbs, I use pasta (whole wheat) and jasmine, basmati and just started using brown rice, apart from other veg and have started really eating a ton of fruit. I'm working now in a good pre and post workout meal that I can feel do something...

This time of year it's potatoes, baked roots, rice, rye bread (made with sour dough), milk (lots of yummy lactose). This probably accounts for 95%, although I'm not counting. I don't mind a dash of sugar in my cocoa either :) (shock, horror!).

I eat my veggies mostly raw, so I figure that they don't add much in terms of carbs?

Bananas, bananas and more bananas. I normally have 2-4 after Foundation training. Sometime one before as well.

Also, some sweet potato and rice on the odd occasion.

Alessandro Mainente

All type of not refined carbs source. rice, bread, fruit and vegetables. I've modified my pov about nutrition after attending a "natural peaking" seminar here in italy. 

White rice, white potatoes, YUCCA!!!! if you can find it, and make sure to boil it before baking---is amazing, also some carb supplement right after training helps to get the right numbers, and whenever I add post workout carb replacement, I recover so much better. 

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.