I'm a little confused as to how to perform this without bending my wrists and having the PVC end up in an awkward position. Is there something I'm missing when it comes to this iM or am I just overthinking it? I haven no problem performing and understand the cues for overgrip dislocates.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Undergrip Dislocates
Started by JamesP, December 17, 2014 · 6 Replies · 364 Views
Ending up with a weird grip is normal, eagle type of grip as people say.
This thread has a nice discussion about it: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11546-pe6im-undergrip-dislocates/
Your hands end up in the same position as WRS #4.
I was thinking about it today and I wanted to ask about additional stretches to help with internal rotation of the shoulders to improve the grip. After months with WRS#4, it doesn't seem to help much...
Would you believe it's as simple as actively and consciously telling my self to internally rotate more so i don't end up "cradling" the PVC in my wrists? lol...
take it back to the point where you can hold your wrist with a full grip on the dowel or weighted bar. it's a hard blow to the ego but a must if you want to make progress. if you can't you gotta stretch a little bit more in your warm up, at least I think so because my elbows, shoulders and wrists need a bit of a longer warm up.
James,
I have a couple of videos in this thread: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/13821-0-progress-with-prone-undergrip-dislocate-week-12/
In the first video I was doing it totally wrong. In the second video, I figured out the correct grip.
I hope that helps.
-Nash