This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

0 Progress with Prone Undergrip Dislocate (week 12!)

Started by Nash, November 27, 2013 · 14 Replies · 682 Views

Nash

Hi Guys,

 

I can now do 30 wall runs with OK form (PE8), but I can't seem to make any progress with the im.

 

For some reason my wrists just wrap around the bar. If I do a narrower grip than the video below, I won't even be able to go more than 40 degrees.

 

My question: Since I haven't seen any progress by trying to do this specific iM, are there any other movements that can help me gain enough flexibility to pass this iM?

 

My current H1 routine:

 

1. Warmup/wrist movements.

2. Prone Overgrip Dislocate (3x5); Standing Undergrip Dislocate (3x5); Standing Overgrip Dislocate (3x5)

3. PE8; PE8 iM (Week 12)

 

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

 

Keilani Gutierrez

is there a width where you can hold the bar?

 

edit: also, can you show me your current degree of flexion and extension, with muscle activation and then with assistance from your hands?

Nash

Hi Keilani,

 

 

> is there a width where you can hold the bar?

 

Meaning without my wrists wrapping around the bar? If so, then nope. They always wrap no matter the width.

 

> also, can you show me your current degree of flexion and extension, with muscle activation and then with assistance from your hands?

 

I don't believe I understand the question. Is there a specific iM that I can do to show you these things or an example movment that I can emulate for you?

Keilani Gutierrez

my bad, wrist flexion and extension. first active(no hands for pushing ROM) and another set with hand assistance

Christian

You are holding it wrong. It's an eagle grip you want. Easiest way to get info that is first gave the bar on your back. Grip it palms facing the floor, then lift over your head. Notice how your hands will twist very much. They will twist in the opposite direction of how you are now, but thumbs will point the same way.

Alessandro Mainente

Listen to Christian, the grip is the key.

Jon Douglas

Yes, start with the bar behind you :)

Riku Calderón

it's like Christian said

Nash

I can't wait to go home and try this..

Will post result tonight. :excited:

Riku Calderón

Staighten your hands in front of you palms down. Now turn them inwards like pointing your thumbs down. Add 90 decrees more to same direction and grap the bar :)

Christian
Nash said:

I can't wait to go home and try this..

Will post result tonight. :excited:

Yes, your hand is pointing right way just needs to twist 360 degrees. Easist is to start with the bar on your back grabbing palms facing forward. Thats the end position.
Nash

Wow! Wow! Wow!

 

I've been doing this wrong for 12 weeks!

 

Thank you so much guys. I think I can now move on to PE9.

 

I was able to do it easily with 9lb and shoulder + 1. I'll add it on to my PE warmup routine. (video below)

 

Lesson: In gymnastics, what you see is NOT what you get!

 

Keilani Gutierrez

solid :P

Christian

Nice :-)

Matthew Semegran
On 11/27/2013 at 1:32 AM, Christian Sørlie said:

You are holding it wrong. It's an eagle grip you want. Easiest way to get info that is first gave the bar on your back. Grip it palms facing the floor, then lift over your head. Notice how your hands will twist very much. They will twist in the opposite direction of how you are now, but thumbs will point the same way.

So this just went from WTF!! How is this guy doing that....

To, oh wow... This is easy.... 

Thank's Christian!! I was rotating my wrists the wrong way...


Thank god for these forums...