Mobility/warmup cooldown routines?

Started by JonasPortugal, December 14, 2014 · 3 Replies · 1,893 Views

JonasPortugal

I use Éric Cressey and Mike Robertson mobility routines (and SMR) and I feel it helps with overall flexibility and ROM. I do this before lifting.

For gymnastica exercices though I use one of Scott Sonnon's six minute warmup, and if I have the time or will, one of his cool down six minute routines.

On recovery days (again, time and will) I do a yoga or prasara light session.

What do you do yourself for your gymnastic routines?

chuchodani

Warm-up: First I do some twists in the torso side to side, then I stretch my neck side to side and do a couple of rotations, next I move onto rotations in the arms and in the elbows, move onto some wrist stretches, some scapular pushups and some shoulder dislocations and maybe depends on how I feel, I do some pushups, squats without weights and it's done !  I've no cool-down.

JonasPortugal

How long does that take you on average? Do you count for reps, time, or none at all?

chuchodani
JonasPortugal said:

How long does that take you on average? Do you count for reps, time, or none at all?

It takes me about 8-10 min, I do all my rotations and warmup patterns up to 10 repetitions, for example, Arms rotations : 10 forward, 10 backwards then repeat, wrist stretches 5-10 repetitions with fingers pointing forward and 5-10 more with fingers pointing backwards etc...